Bottelary Hills MTB Trails

Hellwarp

I will speak to the Conservancy/farmer about the water point and re: Fish Eagle, we did not take up the boardwalk, I will also find out what is going on there!

W

Trails we awesome today, saw a few other riders too. Two questions though : 

1) Will it be possible to get a tap outside the fence here? I always made use of the one behind the locked gate.

2) The last bit of Fish Eagle (below the orange orchard) is a muddy mess with the boardwalk taken out. Is this going to be moved to outside the new fence they are putting up?

attachicon.gifsIMG_20190617_133001.jpg

Still had an amazing time out there today.

attachicon.gifsIMG_20190617_150632.jpg

attachicon.gifsIMG_20190617_120748.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there's some fallen trees across the lower section of the Ribbok ST and also a branch that is dangling across the trail as you exit Geelslang and head towards Ribbok.  Be careful out there!

We will be on site on Tuesday after the front has passed over to deal with all the trees down on Ribbok, Geelslang and Mongoose. Meanwhile approach blind bends with caution!

Re: Fish Eagle, the landowner is re-routing the trail at the bottom of the Clemengold orchard, stay sharp whilst it is being sorted out.

• 1 month later...

Awesome day out there today. 

Only 1 tree down on Ribbok 

post-38519-0-54474200-1565445100_thumb.jpg

The tap at Goede Hoop is still locked behind a gate, would be great if an alternative could be found in that area. 

Any lost their shades on Fish Eagle let me know - I picked them up at 2pm today.

• 1 month later...

Please note that the STBB4GOOD MTB Challenge will be making use of the Bottelaryhills trails on Saturday 12 October 2019.

https://www.stbb.co.za/stbb-mtb-2019/

If you are not entering the event, rather schedule your ride for the afternoon. :)

You will also note that most of the trails have received some love from the trail fairies (aka Trailblazers) in preparation for the event. :thumbup:

Probably one of the best organised and well maintained routes and events around. Reminds me of a local version of the Eselfontein race. Amazing scenery and lekker singletrack. Definitely a must try!

I can also vouch for it, did it the first time last year and was the one I was most looking out for this year

Kudos to those looking after these trails. First time I rode them was this September, on a trip up from PE. Got hopelessly lost first time out, and 2 hours turned into 4, but went back two days later to enjoy the trails again, and got less lost. Ribbok extended must be one of the finest sections of single track I have done, anywhere.

• 1 month later...

2020 Annual permits get released tomorrow so you have a month to grab one before the 2019 permits expire on the 31st December. The 2020 permits are valid from date of purchase to 31 December 2020.

Hazendal Family Bike park now offers free entry for ADULT permit holders of Bottelary when they bring their kids to ride at Hazendal.  Kids must buy a permit even if they are Bottelary members.

post-4890-0-32632400-1575375939_thumb.jpg

Can we buy day permits the day before?

I'm assuming the only place we can do this is the Soneike Engen?

Yes, just make sure they write the date you intend to ride on the bikeboard.

You can buy day permits at several places in addition to Soneike, such as Hazendal Wine Estate, Zevenwacht Hotel, Devon Valley etc, go to www.bottelaryconservancy.co.za for the full list.