Bottelary Hills MTB Trails

Hellwarp

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, reccomended coffee stop on green loop start and end at Hazendal?

If you are only going to do the green loop, then the only option is to drop down to Zevenwacht for coffee.  I think they  open at 9 am only  - better to check.  You will also have a stiff climb back from Zevenwacht to rejoin the green route.  Another option is to include the Jordan loop with the green loop and then have coffee at Jordan.  (Hazendal will hopefully be up and running again by the end of the year)

If you are only going to do the green loop, then the only option is to drop down to Zevenwacht for coffee.  I think they  open at 9 am only  - better to check.  You will also have a stiff climb back from Zevenwacht to rejoin the green route.  Another option is to include the Jordan loop with the green loop and then have coffee at Jordan.  (Hazendal will hopefully be up and running again by the end of the year)

Thanks, went to Jordan, nice place, lekker ride. Good ay out!

• 2 weeks later...

Is daar enige plekke op roetes waar mens jou water bottel kan refill?

You can fill up on Jordan Wine Estate. you will have to pop in at the Tasting Room or The Bakery. always helpful and there is the best coffee ever.

Day permits is also available at The Bakery at Jordan.

Edited by sjaak

Is daar enige plekke op roetes waar mens jou water bottel kan refill?

There is a tap to refill on the yellow route as you come in from Devon Valley side. Just above the farmers house. Where the little yellow block is on the map below. There is also a spot to fill up at a farm house on the red route, there is a sign saying "MTB Water". 

post-1179-0-13673500-1519019626_thumb.jpg

BLUE ROUTE CLOSURE ON SATURDAY  (24 FEBRUARY  2018)

Welgelegen farm is hosting a motorbike event this Saturday that crosses the blue route in a number of places.  The blue route will therefore be closed till 3 pm on Saturday.  The "up" part of the route from the boom up the brick road section will be open.

The normal red route over Welgelegen will also be closed.  Riders will have to use the alternative  red route that links again with the "normal" red route just after the start of the yellow route. 

The route options that will be closed, will be signposted.

CLOSURE OF RIBBOK SINGLE TRACK  

Due to the danger posed by falling trees, we have decided to close the  Ribbok single track as of this Friday for the next couple of months until such time as most of the burned trees have toppled over and it is safe to ride the single track again.  Temporary signage will be put up to divert riders along the bottom of Ribbok.   

Please note that Medium Green will also be closed down as a result of the closure of Ribbok.  Long green remains open.

• 4 weeks later...

heard that there is going to be a social ride starting at the old Radish restaurant tomorrow morning. Is this confirmed? Also, where can I get some more details pls?

If you do not have an annual Bottelary Hills MTB permit, you will need to buy a day permit at either Engen Soneike or at the Devon Vale Golf Course (Hotel).  Saddles (Radish) does not sell permits.

thanks bud

We meet at 06:45, and leave around 07:00 - 07:15.

Breakfast arranged at the Saddles, bacon, eggs and toats with cappuccino/americano for R50.

Anybody is welcome