New IBIS announced today

Iwan Kemp

No one knows for sure exactly what it'll be, but the rumor mill seems to be:

Very Stiff - This frame incorporates all that was learned with the Mojo HD frame. It shares the downtube of the HD and is overall 80-90% as stiff as the HD.

Real Light - Large frames are coming out at 4.95 lbs (THAT'S 2.2k's!). New molding techniques are being used as Ibis has gone to a better manufacturer.

Tapered Steer Tube - This simply is one of the greatest advancements in frames today as it adds noticeable front end stiffness while adding very little weight

Bb92 Bottom Bracket – great for molding, really light and stiff translating to better acceleration.

Direct mount front der – simpler, cleaner and is ideal for 2×10 or 3×10 setups.

142 mm maxle - HD is 135mm right now so this leapfrogs it and jumps to a new level of rear end stiffness.

HD cable routing – This is the cleanest version of Mojo cable routing.

Bigger chain stay plate – A little more chainsuck protection is one of the things learned from all the real-world experience out there.

Integrated carbon brake post mounts – save weight with a cleaner design.

69 degree head angle with 140mm fork - This is a bit controversial as this head angle is unchanged from the Mojo SL. It seems they did not want to creep into HD territory. A frame this stiff and burly though seems to warrant a slightly slacker head angle. The good news is there’s the new Cane Creek Angleset headset and the head angle can be adjusted all the way to 67.5 degrees

http://reviews.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Fullscreen-capture-4112011-112001-PM.jpg

They will show their DW-Linked 29'er in September...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, get what you're saying. My HD has the same basic shape, but you really notice the differences in tubing in the flesh. Doesn't share one single tube design with the other bikes. Still one mo&r of a sexy bike.

Large 140mm bike weighing less than a Med 100mm XC racer...go figure!

Guest Omega Man

They should make a 203mm travel version. Hubba Hubba.

i heard they're designing a 29er as well

Here’s what we can tell you right now. We hope you understand and we appreciate your patience.

• It will not be ready this riding season.
  • We hope to have the first prototype by Eurobike (Sept 1ish).
  • It's going to be carbon fiber and dual suspension.
  • It will be very lightweight.
  • It will feature the dw-link suspension.

Ibis 29'er Page

Please explain what Tapered Steer Tube means?

Top of head tube is 1.125" , bottom is 1.5". To date the best combo of keep weight down, but making Head tube strong where it needs to be

Not one of mbuk's sexiest bikes of all time for nothing...

Here is the magic question, are you getting one crow?

Edited by rouxtjie

There is a 80% I have already emailed the agents... Will go nicely with the HD. For those of you doubting a 6" carbon bike:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/takeabao/23816803-0909Fade2Black_LS141.jpg

And no, its not me...

Top of head tube is 1.125" , bottom is 1.5". To date the best combo of keep weight down, but making Head tube strong where it needs to be

Taperer steerer for tapered head tube.

Chris King inset Mixed taper headset.

Giant tapered headtube

post-615-0-90357200-1302780740.jpg

post-615-0-47355500-1302780809.jpg

post-615-0-10314500-1302780941.jpg