• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

or why some people are demanding a media tribunal. Media must take some of the blame and stop acting like victims of a conspiricy

Actually it IS a conspiracy, so that inefficiency and corruption can flourish without us knowing. Do you honestly think we would have been allowed to hear about the Limpopo text-book issue, or the presidential jet, or the Pilgrims' Rest saga, if the flow of information was controlled by ANC officials? But, because we DID hear about them, something is being done. If I have to choose who to trust - our media or our government - it's no contest.

MY mate reckons:

Imagine his sex life. Two goats and a camel in the last 6 months.

Imagine his diet. The same two goats and the same camel in the last 6 months.

i was having a bad day, then I read this .... now it is much better.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/ghost-ride-celebration.gif?w=329&h=226

This belongs in 'doofus' fread.

531495_10150917169111362_1119066829_n.jpg

That is Todd, the photo was taken in Mazar, had a few cold ones with him at Contack's workshops. He spoke very highly of SA's Special Forces, said they were the best ever. Had no hang ups or issues, just a straight up guy. Will post a few photos of American Spec forces later

Actually it IS a conspiracy, so that inefficiency and corruption can flourish without us knowing. Do you honestly think we would have been allowed to hear about the Limpopo text-book issue, or the presidential jet, or the Pilgrims' Rest saga, if the flow of information was controlled by ANC officials? But, because we DID hear about them, something is being done. If I have to choose who to trust - our media or our government - it's no contest.

I agree. I am just saying that the media gives these people too much ammunition to use against them, which then leads to the undesirable situation we have now. The media are not blameless and if they dont start regulating themselves and stamping out irresponsible reporting - someone else will unfortunately try to do it for them.

I agree. I am just saying that the media gives these people too much ammunition to use against them, which then leads to the undesirable situation we have now. The media are not blameless and if they dont start regulating themselves and stamping out irresponsible reporting - someone else will unfortunately try to do it for them.

…and then the "citizen journalism" of social media is the next target…

I do not have any still photos, only video clips. should anybody be interested, please pm me and I will send you the clips.

Yeah. We've had the information age - now we have (drum-roll...) the mushroom age, where we are kept in the dark and fed ****.

Happy days.

Edited by GBguy

Yeah. We've had the information age - now we have (drum-roll...) the mushroom age, where we are kept in the dark and fed ****.

Happy days.

The media will never "regulate" themselves, whatever that might mean. Regulation by any government is plain old censorship, and that will kill us all.

The point is to create critical consumers of media. Think before you blindly believe.