I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Via fandacious:

When my son was a toddler we were in Central Kalahari and he was playing on the edge of a pan

A martial eagle started circling close by and my wife ran to grab him and the eagle made off

Hairy...hyenas were also a worry

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the 2003 TT. The man of the moment then was Dave Jefferies - who skidded on oil left from a crash and unfortunately was killed - he was well on his way to becoming one of the greats.

It's an amazing event. Where else can you stand behind a stone wall and have the guys coming past you less than a metre away at 100mph? Can put hour hand out and smack them in the helmet (and lose your hand). I'll try and find a clip that I shot.

Rode Mad Sunday - was gassing it to the best of my ability and some dudes were passing me like I was standing still.

One of the last completely non-PC events in a very PC world.

Shot from a lame digital camera I had at the time...

When my son was a toddler we were in Central Kalahari and he was playing on the edge of a pan

A martial eagle started circling close by and my wife ran to grab him and the eagle made off

Hairy...hyenas were also a worry

Once, at Sun City, staying in the Cascades, my wife at the time came out of the bathroom and screamed. I hadn't noticed the baboon that was sitting half in the window staring at our baby son in a cot underneath him.

Jeez, could've been a SA version of "a dingo took my baby…"

Once, at Sun City, staying in the Cascades, my wife at the time came out of the bathroom and screamed. I hadn't noticed the baboon that was sitting half in the window staring at our baby son in a cot underneath him.

Jeez, could've been a SA version of "a dingo took my baby…"

Scary......but from what I have experienced they will not harm a baby

True story

We had a house in Scarborough and were regularly raided by Eric and his troop from Cape Point over the fence.

Heard screaming one day and behind us a young woman was on the balcony and thru the windows I could see Eric bouncing up and down on the bed.I rushed over and the husband was downstairs outside.

Said Eric came in.Trashed the fridge, as was his wont,and then headed upstairs into the bedroom where his wfe and baby were.She gapped it onto the balcony and closed the door leaving Eric to babysit junior

This was not the first time I had met Eric,so I grabbed a stout limb from the braai and headed upstairs.Boggem I shouted in my best alpha male tone and down he came past me.I gave hime a good clout behind the earhole to speed him on his way

Family were reunited

thumbup1.gif

Unfortunately Eric is no more

Scary......but from what I have experienced they will not harm a baby

True story

We had a house in Scarborough and were regularly raided by Eric and his troop from Cape Point over the fence.

Heard screaming one day and behind us a young woman was on the balcony and thru the windows I could see Eric bouncing up and down on the bed.I rushed over and the husband was downstairs outside.

Said Eric came in.Trashed the fridge, as was his wont,and then headed upstairs into the bedroom where his wfe and baby were.She gapped it onto the balcony and closed the door leaving Eric to babysit junior

This was not the first time I had met Eric,so I grabbed a stout limb from the braai and headed upstairs.Boggem I shouted in my best alpha male tone and down he came past me.I gave hime a good clout behind the earhole to speed him on his way

Family were reunited

thumbup1.gif

Unfortunately Eric is no more

When I read "bouncing up and down on the bed" I feared something else… eek.gif

When I read "bouncing up and down on the bed" I feared something else… eek.gif

Eric, the womaniser!

:-D