I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

The movie is called TT Closer to the edge. The dudes name is Guy Martin. The fact that he's an avid mountain biker helps too. Some good insight into the men that ride there.

I watched that movie three times just to understand what Guy was saying.... Definitely in my list of keeper movies.

If Guy could get some decent backing which would result in a bit of reliability he could be a force to be reckoned with.

I was uncomfortably moved by Guinesses' comment about mowing the lawn and doing all the things that need doing before he goes off to ride the TT because there is a very real chance that he might not come back.... Very disturbing.

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric who is no more

Sniff......

http://www.keag.org.za/images/baboon_eric.jpg Name: ERIC

Sex: Mature male

Description: Eric is affectionately known as the "old man of the mountain" by residents — to the Baboon Monitors he is called the "genius" as they say he is undoubtedly the most cunning and intelligent of all baboons.

Eric's fighting days are over and he is most content to sit in the sun and protect the children.

Eric who is no more

Sniff......

http://www.keag.org.za/images/baboon_eric.jpg Name: ERIC

Sex: Mature male

Description: Eric is affectionately known as the "old man of the mountain" by residents — to the Baboon Monitors he is called the "genius" as they say he is undoubtedly the most cunning and intelligent of all baboons.

Eric's fighting days are over and he is most content to sit in the sun and protect the children.

The only Eric I know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlrsqGal64w

Guest Omega Man

If Guy could get some decent backing which would result in a bit of reliability he could be a force to be reckoned with.

Don't be fooled. He's got great backing. The Wilson Craig team he rode for is 2010 were running the same bikes the Parkalgar Honda WSBK team were running and the Suzuki team he rides for now is effectively a works team. He's also well supported by Pirelli, Dianese, AGV and Red Torpedo clothing.

Also. The Isle of Man goverment pay the riders and teams appearance money to come and race at the island. The higher profile the rider and the the more proffesional the team the more money they get.

His whole "amateur racer" thing is just an act.

Edited by Omega Man

Don't be fooled. He's got great backing. The Wilson Craig team he rode for is 2010 were running the same bikes the Parkalgar Honda WSBK team were running and the Suzuki team he rides for now is effectively a works team. He's also well supported by Pirelli, Dianese, AGV and Red Torpedo clothing.

Also. The Isle of Man goverment pay the riders and teams appearance money to come and race at the island. The higher profile the rider and the the more proffesional the team the more money they get.

His whole "amateur racer" thing is just an act.

I knew he had reasonable sponsors, he just doesn't have the polished finish of the Dunlop's and the Guinnesses'. I know that isn't his style (Which was evident in the doccie) He just seems to be so close but still a bit far. I'll put money on him for a win some day though. Definitely.

Guest Omega Man

I knew he had reasonable sponsors, he just doesn't have the polished finish of the Dunlop's and the Guinnesses'. I know that isn't his style (Which was evident in the doccie) He just seems to be so close but still a bit far. I'll put money on him for a win some day though. Definitely.

Yeah. look I'm not saying i dislike him or anything. The world needs more characters. And he certainly is that.

It's early days but for 2013 on the big bikes my money is on Michael Dunlop. He's smoothed out his wildness and he'll be hard to beat on the Legends Honda.

On the 600's my 5 bob is on brother William or Cameron Donald

Of course the safe money will be on John Mc pint of the black stuff.

Yeah. look I'm not saying i dislike him or anything. The world needs more characters. And he certainly is that.

It's early days but for 2013 on the big bikes my money is on Michael Dunlop. He's smoothed out his wildness and he'll be hard to beat on the Legends Honda.

On the 600's my 5 bob is on brother William or Cameron Donald

Of course the safe money will be on John Mc pint of the black stuff.

I couldn't have put it better thumbup1.gif