I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Tour De France, 1931

http://www.32sixteen.com/wp-content/uploads/magne-pelissier-leducq-1931.jpg

middle dude reminds me very much of alan donald.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

COME FLY WITH ME

one of the worlds greatest athletes - I was fortunate to have been playing basketball at the start of his career.

you have to be good to have a top 10 of buzzer beaters.

slowbee: it's not another wave, it's just that teh wave is that thick, it forms mutiple crests. It's not consider the most massive wave ever surfed for nothing.

also of interest, is just how different those guys rode that wall as opposed to laird Hamilton. He dipped his hand on the other side of the wave to stop himself from being pulled up the wall. Either way, madness! thumbup1.gif

Edited by Capricorn

i think Tumbleweed posted a pic a while ago, with something similar. That wall of water is amazing. You can even see the wave within the wave at one point. Its just incredible that anyone would survive a fall in that.

slowbee: it's not another wave, it's just that teh wave is that thick, it forms mutiple crests. It's not consider the most massive wave ever surfed for nothing.

also of interest, is just how different those guys rode that wall as opposed to laird Hamilton. He dipped his hand on the other side of the wave to stop himself from being pulled up the wall. Either way, madness! thumbup1.gif

The one I posted was Laird Hamilton's epic wave that featured in Stacey Peralta's Riding Giants. It even got the respect of big wave pioneer Greg Noll. I guess it depends on your definition of massive, but I don't know if Teahupo'o can be considered the most massive. It's what, about 20- top 30-foot. It's a freakish wave because of the power, but in terms of height, it's dwarved by waves like Peahi, Todos Santos and Cortez Banks.

I don't know if Teahupo'o can be considered the most massive. It's what, about 20- top 30-foot. It's a freakish wave because of the power, but in terms of height, it's dwarved by waves like Peahi, Todos Santos and Cortez Banks.

Whatever the case - the though of being caught in that wave is frightening to say the least. If i consider how i feel getting caught in a big south coast dumper, then i would surely die in that wave! Being able to see these guys doing this up close and in slow motion is pretty awesome - balls i tell you, balls!

Whatever the case - the though of being caught in that wave is frightening to say the least. If i consider how i feel getting caught in a big south coast dumper, then i would surely die in that wave! Being able to see these guys doing this up close and in slow motion is pretty awesome - balls i tell you, balls!

Huge balls! Waves like Teahupo'o are all the more scary because the reefs they break over are shallow compared to the deep water reefs like Peahi and Cortez.

With Teahupo'o you iust have such a massive amount of water in the wave, that makes it insane. Just look how thick that lip is.