I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

the audiophiles might cough and splutter, but my 25 odd yr old nad 3020i proved itself today. For some reason it decided to take up smoking :thumbdown: (i think from the earphone jack which i haven't used in a while), so I quickly turned it off, took it apart, gave it a quick blow - couldn't see any damage - put it back together and no problems.....lets hope it lasts another 25 :thumbup:

http://vintage-audio-laser.com/photofo/hornman/div/nad/nad-3120i-1.jpg

Those are legendary amps! No auidiophile would ever crit you for using one of those. Glad it's working again.

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

What speakers are you using?

nothing special - an equally old set of wharfedales - dont know the model off hand

What speakers are you using?

the audiophiles might cough and splutter, but my 25 odd yr old nad 3020i proved itself today. For some reason it decided to take up smoking :thumbdown: (i think from the earphone jack which i haven't used in a while), so I quickly turned it off, took it apart, gave it a quick blow - couldn't see any damage - put it back together and no problems.....lets hope it lasts another 25 :thumbup:

http://vintage-audio-laser.com/photofo/hornman/div/nad/nad-3120i-1.jpg

New Acoustic Dimension. Best amplifiers in there class, they has Mosfet amplifiers, fantastic sound.

1949 Chevrolet Pickup with 5.7L V8 LS1 engine.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1940-1949/1949-Chevrolet-Pickup-by-Roadster-Shop-Front-Angle-1280x960.jpg

Looks like one they did on Wheeler Dealers the other day...

New Acoustic Dimension. Best amplifiers in there class, they has Mosfet amplifiers, fantastic sound.

Very good amps, the 3020i is an absolute classic, sadly not enough enough power to drive some of todays speakers.

The designers keep pushing the envelope nowadays.

I am a valve/mossfet fan, good old South African built amps for me, Valve Audio.

@Stretch, is that an actual pic of your amp ?

If so, very mint :whistling:

Brain Study....

I've seen this with the letters out of order, but this is the first time

I've seen it with numbers.

F1gur471v3ly 5p34k1ng?

Good example of a Brain Study: If you can read this you have a strong mind:

7H15 M3554G3

53RV35 7O PR0V3

H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N

D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5!

1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!

1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG

17 WA5 H4RD BU7

N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3

Y0UR M1ND 1S

R34D1NG 17

4U70M471C4LLY

W17H 0U7 3V3N

7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17,

B3 PROUD! 0NLY

C3R741N P30PL3 C4N

R3AD 7H15.

PL3453 F0RW4RD 1F

U C4N R34D 7H15.

@Stretch, is that an actual pic of your amp ?

If so, very mint :whistling:

unfortunately not - there's mine with its trusty NAD 5025 turntable next to it. Bit dark cos its in a enclosed unit. I do sadly have a sense I am going to be in the market for a new one in the not to distant future

post-7169-0-06385900-1329376295.jpg

unfortunately not - there's mine with its trusty NAD 5025 turntable next to it. Bit dark cos its in a enclosed unit. I do sadly have a sense I am going to be in the market for a new one in the not to distant future

post-7169-0-06385900-1329376295.jpg

Good stuff, also good to see other people with turntable's.

I have two army trommels full of Lp's that I want to put on CD, the problem is getting a good quality turntable and amp. I know I must do it, just don;t have the time.

Good stuff, also good to see other people with turntable's.

+1 My Linn still sounds great afer 23 years!

I got the NAD c300 amp and cd running through a set of PSB speakers. Miss my amp from the UK had a audio lab 8000a was a awsome amp.

:thumbup:

I got the NAD c300 amp and cd running through a set of PSB speakers. Miss my amp from the UK had a audio lab 8000a was a awsome amp.

:thumbup:

It's funny how me miss stuff we sell.

I had a Pathos Logos, great amp, but upgraded as we always do, sadly had to sell it to get some money back, which I could have kept it, she was a stunner.

http://www.avland.co.uk/aasp/pathos/0820/logos/logoslrg.jpg