Free Slipstreaming while training

W1Z@RD

Slipstreaming is 2nd base.

To get from 1st to 2nd base, please greet me first if we are not riding together.

(wink wink)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.... my argument is that he didnt bother to make me aware he was there

It is what it is, just would be nice to have some sort of "unspoken rule" for safety

mmmm.... not a flame but I think you be better off worrying about you not knowing whats in your near vacinity when you're out and about on the road in general, and in terms of an unspoken rule - I think it should be that of a friendly rider. You should have said a howsit as you passed !! The other rider should have not been so close though without getting some sort of acknowledgment.

I dont know about you but on the road or trail I use other riders for pacing and always keep an eye on who I've passed and the gap.

Glad you didn't dump the bike though

Ride faster then you would not have any wheel suckers :D

If you change lanes and switch the guy behind you, it is not your fault. The guy sitting behind you is responsible for not overlapping wheels. (dont worry, you wont fall but he will)

And if you stopped together at the same robot, chances are pretty good that you will end up riding together ... so pay attention!

CRC sells those little mirrors that clip on to your handlebars! They do not weight THAT much....I suggest you order the double set... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it should be that of a friendly rider. You should have said a howsit as you passed !!

As I said before, when we stopped at the robot, I greeted him. He was playing with his iphone/pod and acknowledged me, When I went past him, I did say "passing right" and raised my hand and wasnt at all nasty to the guy...

At the end of the day, I think it comes down to risk and the risk you place on other riders.... I have no problem in sharing the road and riding with others, but be safe.

Lesson learnt: When you pass someone - dont assume you dropped them, check, and if they still there GAS IT! :lol:

CRC sells those little mirrors that clip on to your handlebars! They do not weight THAT much....I suggest you order the double set... :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL!

If that doesnt work - trade in for a MTB...

:)

F*%k me! It's people and threads like this that make me lose faith in the cycling community.

There is no way I sneak up on someone's wheel.... :blush:

When I cycle I wheeze and puff so much that people three k's away stop at the level crossing waiting for the train to pass :o

I can't stand wheel-sucking from strangers when I am out on my training rides. Diffrent story if you are training in a group, and every body takes his turn up front, or the stonger riders shield the weaker ones in head winds, but a stranger just latching on is not cool. The other morning a roadie sucked my wheel on my 29er, and after a few kilo's I got fed-up with his presence and started a TT pace, and left him behind. He can be glad I did not execute plan B by feathering my brakes a bit, as he was sitting virtually on my wheel.

next race you will be the one wheelsucking, so stop complaining and toughen up

Relax, the guy in front gets the better workout thatn the one wheelsucking.

It's been proven that the rider in the slipstream benefits, but so does the rider in front. Google it.

As I said before, when we stopped at the robot, I greeted him. He was playing with his iphone/pod and acknowledged me, When I went past him, I did say "passing right" and raised my hand and wasnt at all nasty to the guy...

Sounds like he was a bit of a tool, some mothers have them. Sure you'll see him out again, ask him whats on his Ipod ! :D

I can't stand wheel-sucking from strangers when I am out on my training rides. Diffrent story if you are training in a group, and every body takes his turn up front, or the stonger riders shield the weaker ones in head winds, but a stranger just latching on is not cool. The other morning a roadie sucked my wheel on my 29er, and after a few kilo's I got fed-up with his presence and started a TT pace, and left him behind. He can be glad I did not execute plan B by feathering my brakes a bit, as he was sitting virtually on my wheel.

Are you serious? I honestly don't see what the whole problem was with the guys wheelsitting. Maybe he was having a bad day on the bike or something, or was out on the road for a long time allready...

Seriously people chill out ! Can't believe people an be so stuck up...

I agree this makes me loose faith in (somepart) of the cycling community....