Any ladies comments on the 29-er?

Lightning Bug

My wife loves mine...

Busy saving for the second for her to ride... its a little big for her, but with a stubby stem it will be fine.She is 1.64m tall, riding my medium frame.

She is a lot more confident, prefers the way it rolls, as she can't bunny hop, so popping the front a little is all she needs. She has always battled in the tight but is doing better on the 29er, climbing with a 27-36 and 29er is not her thing, but on the 24/36 crankset she is fine, if not under geared.

My wife can't stand the sight of my Stumpy S-Works 29er, she hates it and even call it names like Sterry Stumpy. She claims I spend more time with my bike than with her! :blush:

My wife can't stand the sight of my Stumpy S-Works 29er, she hates it and even call it names like Sterry Stumpy. She claims I spend more time with my bike than with her! :blush:

That is the secret to a successful marrage!!!!

Also interested in this topic seeing that my other half is pretty adamant i get a 29er, but I still like my little responsive 26er so it will take a few years of convincing i reckon.

My GF says they steer like a wheel barrow, she likse riding single track though.

My GF says they steer like a wheel barrow, she likse riding single track though.

You have a girlfriend?

there was a ct bikestore owner on warthogs the other day punting them. She's an average height lady and she lovers her niner.

We all know that chicks have zero technical skills and walk up steep climbs so they would prefer 29ers.....

We all know that chicks have zero technical skills and walk up steep climbs so they would prefer 29ers.....

Not surprised you have to 'fish for food.'

Anka Martin - follow her....

post-20304-0-31240300-1304536144.jpg

Edited by The Drongo

My wife loves her Anthem x1 29er to bits. After the 26 hardtail, the 29er duallie is pure Gomma Gomma

* Very forgiving

* Super soft ride

* Wide tyres easier over sandy terrain

I've got a hardtail carbon 29er which is the "race machine" and then an anthem 2 dual suspension. I'm far more comfortable on technical and overly bumpy terrain on the anthem and I continue to use it for multi day races. I do sometimes lack power which the 29er requires at lower speeds and during accelleration.

However, I find that over the course of an average cross country race, the improved rolling of the wheels over the majority of the terrain coupled with the lower bike weight makes it faster.

Hope this helps :)