Two Niners making love!

nathrix

Please can someone explain whats going on with the handlebars, and what bars are they?

There are them: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=39245

The idea is to have the comfy angle of risers bars without the rise. Inverted riser bars I guess you would call them.

On SSers you end up "shanking" a lot because of the long gear on steep climbs - the angle of the riser bars makes this a bit more pleasant.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are actually very unique bikes and wheels. Both frames have a beautiful metallic shine to it when you view it in person as the photos do not do it any justice. The "Solid Gold" MCR Niner steel frame wifffff green Loaded Precision AmXC All Mountain 29er hoops laced wiffffff DT Swiss Revolution Spokes and red Hope II Hubs. The "Moondust Grey" MCR Steel Niner wifffff white American Classic hoops laced wiffff DT Swiss double butted Competition spokes wifffff DT Swiss 240s hubs. The wheels were hand build by Summit Cycles in Midrand.

Lovely, I'm sure. Leaves me a tad limp though. Oh, God, they added gay to the garish by calling it "Moondust Grey". F*&k even Gandalf woulda been appalled.

Edited by TNT1

There are them: http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=39245

The idea is to have the comfy angle of risers bars without the rise. Inverted riser bars I guess you would call them.

On SSers you end up "shanking" a lot because of the long gear on steep climbs - the angle of the riser bars makes this a bit more pleasant.

Thanks for that, when you say "shanking", do mean it feels like the bikes front wheel lifts?

Lovely, I'm sure. Leaves me a tad limp though.

Maybe a little bit of your puke from yesterday is still stuck somewhere Bob :unsure:

What's shanking mean?

Pedalling real slow standing up and having to pull the bike from side to side.

There's atually a technique to it - the Crusher calls it "swimming".

I reckon one of those Hipsters will last about 250m of the courses we do on our SS rigid uber cool large wheeled mtbs :D

I reckon everyone should try a SS before they die. It's the best way to find the fun again - I giggled like a 5 year old on a sugar rush the first time I rode mine.

This morning again - cruising to work past miff people fuming in their cars alternating between pedalling like a trackie and Jan Ullrich is just silly fun.

Try it - you'll like it!

I was 5 years old when I had my 24er Phillips backpedal singlespeed with a real sprung Brooks saddle

Thanks, damn I do that sometimes and that's in my 'granny gear' :thumbdown:

I knew that there had to be an eloquent term for what I was doing on Cliffview Drive in Northcliff :blush: