Help With Asthma problem ?

I am not a true asthma sufferer but in winter get a constant close up of the chest. Just keep on coughing all the time. No phlem or anything chest just closed. Exercise helps a lot and chest stay open for an hour maybe 2 afterwards. Anyone else out there with a simalar problem? What your treatment.

smileys/smiley5.gif

I had that exact same problem at the start of the winter. Especially at night. I got myself a asthma pump wich helped. I've found that when I ride regularly it clears up completely!

Mud Dee thanks ... what asthma pump did you use. I currently use Symbicort. Asthavent, Pulmicort, Atrovent (nebulisor) and Combivent. Yep in the summer it goes away but I want it gone now. 

I used Asthavent, but only when I really needed it.  But I stopped using it for now. I never suffered from asthma before, so this was quite a shock. I take care not to ride in too cold weather or whenever I've got a nasty cough.

Mickey, be carefull, i have had asthma now for 20 years and if it is not treated in the right way you may find yourself dead in your bed one day!!! Rather go and see a lung doc and have it treated properly!! Also if you use the wrong stuff and get tested it is TATA Fietsry, helo Skandaal!!!

Jy moet baie seker maak dat jy die regte Asma medikasie gebruik

-jy kan dit vererger met die verkeerde medikasie

of

- medikasie kan niks vir jou doen nie

Have you tried Powerlung. It is a respiratory muscle trianer that strengthens the breathing muscles. It is also used as a warm up tool.

It does not mean you must stop medication but it gets the muscles stronger so that these symptoms are reduced.

These muscles are the only muscles that cannot be strengthed through normal training as one cannot target them specifically

see www.powerlung.co.za

http://www.powerlung.co.za/images/other/index_sport.jpg

Asthavent works fine for me.  It contains Salbutamol which is on the banned substances list.  If you are licensed and race at national champs or place in the big races then get a Therapeutic Use Exemption from Cycling SA.

• 2 weeks later...

Asthavent works fine for me.  It contains Salbutamol which is on the banned substances list.  If you are licensed and race at national champs or place in the big races then get a Therapeutic Use Exemption from Cycling SA.

My Venteze doesn't seem to work. smileys/smiley11.gif maybe the guy's are just too strong. smileys/smiley9.gif