Magalies Monster 2011

Titan29er

Anybody going to do the Magalies Monster on the 28th?

Last years race was a great race, nice track.

yes, Im doing the 75km. Cant wait. Did lion man 80km this weekend and Im sure magalies monster cant me much tuffer.

The Monster climb is 400m of climbing over 8km, the first massive climb at lion man was 300m over 4km. Im sure that puts it into perspective. And it was technical as it can be.

Magalies Monster here I come.

I'll be at the Magalies 75km. they only posting the new profile on Tuesday apparently. Might be good news might be bad.

Also did the Lionman. Had a awesome race. And yeah it was technical up and down. But I had loads of fun on the down.

Lets get ready

Julle manne ry die GROOT races... ek gaan eers die 20k race doen. dis maar my eerste race vir die jaar. wil later van tyd opskyf na die langer races toe.

Sal uitkyk vir julle onder die 75k race.

Sterkte vir die race en sien julle moontlik daar.

PS: weet julle nie dalk van 'n cheap bike nie? Soek 'n bike met shocks en hydraulic brakes etc. My Silverback maak my eina!!!!

Groetnis

@ Swartpiet,

You make me feel better now! I have entered for the Magalies 75km, but was doubtful if I must still do it! I also did the Lion Man 80km the weekend. Your comment has made me decide to go big, not home! Have done the Forest 2 Falls end of April as well - was my first 2 marathon races!

According to my Sportypal workout stats, the total accend for the Mabalingwe Lion Man marathon was 986m. Any idea what it is for the Magalies Monster?

The monster last year was 67.12 km and 1464m of climbing

The Lionman was 77.86 km but in that is a bit of a detour as we missed a turning and rode around a while looking for the right way so real distance was prob about 76.5 or so and 1186 m of climbing

Sections of the descent on this Lionman were more difficult that any descent on the monster last year (in my opinion)

I took much more strain in the Monster and found it definately harder than the Lionman.

Cant wait for the Monster :thumbup:

It sounds to be almost the same... LIONMAN vs MONSTER. I think comparing the riding times will give a more accurate feel of whats to come. Could you guys, who have done both before, post your times please?

I entered the 75km.........scared sh**less. Only my second race since i started mountain biking in November (first one was only 25km). Think I'm biting off way more than i can chew!!!!! Any survival tips for a newbie :blink:

Keep pedaling - thats about it.

(Eat and drink the whole time and stay below your LTHR as much as you can, not always possible in very tech races, but try)

Good luck man, biggest tip: Try and enjoy it!

Also doing it, but only entered the 45km :blush: I believe the same climb is in the 45 too?

Good luck everyone! :clap: