[Event] Hex Valley Autumn Splendour MTB Funride

Hexpas

Enjoy boys and girls! Im sick so im out. 2nd year in a row missing this great ride. Pissed off to say the least........... :(

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ek sal moet kyk..ma die 35km is nie so erg niebiggrin.gif wil jy gan?

maak jou net reg vi KOUD! ha ha haaa soos die true cape weer ma met 'n ys windjie(wat so deur jou lyf waai) by laugh.gif

oja en net die 1ste 10 verby die finish, van elke distance kry 'n medal, die res kry 'n eco trek two tunnel mtb challenge water bottel!

Hierdie jaar kry almal weer medaljes...

Stupid question... :rolleyes:

The 35 is said to be not very technical - so as pretty much "a roadie on a mtb" this should be suitable for me, I presume.

How's the 55? The same technically-wise, just more climbing? Or is it more technical? (Keep in mind what "technical" means for a roadie-on-mtb-types!) Seriously contemplating entering, but don't want to klap my name with a plank. (I do that often enough without having to drive to De Doorns for it! :blush: )

And please be honest! I don't mind doing the 35 rather than the 55 if I am going to have to walk half the way because of technical sheet... Don't mind the extra climbing, it's the rideability thereof that concerns me.

I think I just klapped my name with a plank anyways asking this... so what's new?!

The 35 is said to be not very technical - so as pretty much "a roadie on a mtb" this should be suitable for me, I presume.

How's the 55? The same technically-wise, just more climbing? Or is it more technical? (Keep in mind what "technical" means for a roadie-on-mtb-types!) Seriously contemplating entering, but don't want to klap my name with a plank. (I do that often enough without having to drive to De Doorns for it! :blush: )

And please be honest! I don't mind doing the 35 rather than the 55 if I am going to have to walk half the way because of technical sheet... Don't mind the extra climbing, it's the rideability thereof that concerns me.

I think I just klapped my name with a plank anyways asking this... so what's new?!

Thanks for asking...I am new to cycling - did a 40km 2 weekends ago, was quite technical but I could clim and thus could take the ladies race, but I was to scared to ask about the 55km, thus mar entered the 35km.

Kind of feeling like I am taking the easy way out now and not throwing everything at it :( as I am driving from PE to do this ride!

Just hope I don't kick my bum even more about not doing the 55km.

Hope you get your answer....

Hierdie jaar kry almal weer medaljes...

alrighty then biggrin.gif sien uit daarna om al die de doorns mense weer te sien

Both rides are non technical the only caveat is the descent needs to be taken with caution as there are some holes and washouts but any roady should be able to do it :)

come sea bee dont be a pancy do this one it will be fun :lol:

So you're saying it more of the same?! I may curse myself for this after 20 k's, but then I'll go for the full monty. Will most likely suffer a bit, but what the heck! Thanks for the feedback.

If you see someone pushing downhill, smile and wave as you pass, that may be me!

hayleyearth, can't you upgrade to the other route?

Pansie Berry you are hopefully doing the 50 k!

no 35 for me,if the weather is fine maybe a 50, you going? :thumbup:

no 35 for me,if the weather is fine maybe a 50, you going? :thumbup:

Probably!

I'll find you after the race and you can tell about your technical challenges!

Hey, you're telling me not to be a pansie and then you do the 35?! <_<

Anyways, just entered - 55k's here I come! I suspect the valley of Afkukia awaits me.

Hey, you're telling me not to be a pansie and then you do the 35?! <_<

Anyways, just entered - 55k's here I come! I suspect the valley of Afkukia awaits me.

ok see you @ the 55 :thumbup: