Are you going to vote on Wednesday?

Big H*

186 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to vote on Wednesday?

• Yes
    • No

Come and get me.

Just interested to know why not MJ.?

Yeah, I will vote, personally I think its part of your duty as a citizen of the country.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I will vote, personally I think its part of your duty as a citizen of the country.

In Oz they fine you for not voting, you can end up losing all benefits etc if you don't go vote. :thumbup:

Apparently this is an ANC thing... they don't stamp all ballot papers where the other parties are more likely to win....

Passing on what I have heard....

Yes I also keep getting this spam, it's not an ANC thing and it's not down to where the ANC are or aren't more likely to win.

Annoying people spread **** like this, not all that different from Malema's *** stirring.

Will just check my ballot paper and not pay mind to people's electioneering bull, be it some party's or individuals.

Bad, bad man :o

The right to associate is intrinsic to democracy, so, by inference, so should the right to disassociate. From my time reporting on local government, I saw very few people who got involved at this level of authority to serve anything other than their own interests. I simply don't think there's a party out there nor a candidate in my ward worth voting for.

The right to associate is intrinsic to democracy, so, by inference, so should the right to disassociate. From my time reporting on local government, I saw very few people who got involved at this level of authority to serve anything other than their own interests. I simply don't think there's a party out there nor a candidate in my ward worth voting for.

Fair enough, I don't entirely agree but respect your choice :thumbup:

Well, maybe I will vote someday and one day my kids will decide for themselves if they will vote or not.

My question is: What do you really know about the party/person you vote for? My bet is that most don't know a lot about that person, his believes, morals, standards etc. They vote for that person/party because the don't like the opposition.

What I don't get is this: Pre 1994, most whites voted for the NP. That party set Nelson Mandela free. Today, the ANC rules the country because of what happened on that day in 1994. And now the whites don't like what is going on.

**** man, you voted for the NP. You voted for apartheid - weither you believed in it or not does not matter! As for the next 4 years you are stuck with what you voted for! And then you "voted" for Nelson Mandela to be set free - weither you believed in it or not.

Look, I am not saying apartheid was right and Nelson Mandela should never have been set free. What I am saying is BECAUSE you voted for a prick you believed in, but knew nothing about, we are where we are today in this beautiful country of ours.

We don't ever make informed desicions. We act like sheep. Black and white! They vote for the ANC and you for the DP - Desicions based on race it looks like to me. And still it is us versus them.

And here we are again - thinking that your vote will makes things better.

When you cast your vote tomorrow, think about what you are doing. The guy you vote for, might drop a bomb on Japan. Kill Jews. Kick farmers off there farms. Crash a plane into a building. Belive rhino horn will make him more of man. Or how about molest young boys like the president of I think Norway/Finland last year...

One day I will cast my vote. But it will be because I truely know the person I am voting for.

Fair enough, I don't entirely agree but respect your choice :thumbup:

Cool :thumbup:

Oh, on the Aussie thing, I was just chatting to an antipodean colleague, and he told me that some people can be exempt from elections in that country, eg conscientious objectors.

Cool :thumbup:

Oh, on the Aussie thing, I was just chatting to an antipodean colleague, and he told me that some people can be exempt from elections in that country, eg conscientious objectors.

Not heard this before, but its on The Hub so must be true ;) I can understand it though. Will need to read up about it.

My wife got a fine for not voting last year, she had to send a police affidavit stating why she couldn't vote and obviously prove she is now living in SA.