Hooray for riser bars...

Eldron

I can barely climb out of bed :blink:

But I have risers with big bullhorn bar ends, and I am big enough to ask this "If my bike is funny, imagine how funny it will be to watch you pick up your teeth with broken arms" :thumbup:

I stopped playing golf because of all these little unwritten rules, seems mountainbiking is heading the same way :(

Don't worry about what other people think boet. As long as you enjoy it. That's all that matters. And you know what, "real" mtbikers don't care about what your bike looks like, all we care about is that you are in fact riding and enjoying it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about what other people think boet. As long as you enjoy it. That's all that matters. And you know what, "real" mtbikers don't care about what your bike looks like, all we care about is that you are in fact riding and enjoying it.

Ed Zachary....and I am enjoying it...in my lycra :o

Risers on a XC bike and nogal with bar-ends is like MTBing with white socks. You know about the game but you do not know how to play it.

Im the opposite. Im not the best downhiller..... i need someone to blindfold me and remove my breaks :D

My signiture should give you a clue as the usability of brakes :) and well blind folds are to be used on other occasions not while MTB'ing lol

Risers on a XC bike and nogal with bar-ends is like MTBing with white socks. You know about the game but you do not know how to play it.

Mampara you know i normally love your rants but thats the equivelant of Bill gates saying youll never need more than 640K or RAM in our computers, and this thing called disk brakes will never catch on they are just too heavy.

Mampara you know i normally love your rants but thats the equivelant of Bill gates saying youll never need more than 640K of RAM in our computers, and this thing called disk brakes will never catch on they are just too heavy.

Edited by covie

Mampara you know i normally love your rants but thats the equivelant of Bill gates saying youll never need more than 640K or RAM in our computers, and this thing called disk brakes will never catch on they are just too heavy.

So you do wear white socks while MTBing. :lol:

So you do wear white socks while MTBing. :lol:

Sadly i did once ...... realized i forgot my socks at home rushed of to CWC and they only had white ones on sale. So i was cheapskate enough to buy them and use them, thank gawd it was a night ride.

Edited by covie

I couldnt care what people think. I wear white quite often, not the socks but the rest, for sure :D

After all of this talk about riser bars I have purchased a carbon Easton Monkeylite SL. It is very used and in quite a state but I can see the potential!

Have already started sanding and scraping... under that black Easton paint is matt carbon goodness and it is a wonderful to behold.

I am going to leave it "naked" (matt and unpainted) and instal it onto my Anthem...

......it is a wonderful to behold......I am going to leave it "naked" .........and instal it onto my Anthem...

The last bit should read:"...install it UNTO my Anthem..." to keep it properly religious!.

i started with raiser bars and flew over the handlebars once a ride on average, all changed when i went to flats which i enjoyed for years but struggled with more technical stuff. now refitted some raiser bars, much more comfy and better handling and no flying sessions, turns out the width makes a big diffirence, the previous raiser bars were 580's the new ones are 640's. not sure how one copes with anything wider than that tho.

and yes, cane creeks at the ends

I couldnt care what people think. I wear white quite often, not the socks but the rest, for sure :D

Im with you on that one, just no white socks ;)

No no no cearus, its a cardinal rule that only good looking female is allowed to wear white pant.

No no no cearus, its a cardinal rule that only good looking female is allowed to wear white pant.

Thats why I was agreeing with her my good man ;)

took delivery of my new bars lastnight... got me some of these bad boys:

http://www.answerproducts.com/wp-content/themes/answer_theme/images/components/bars/780DH_red_angle_lg.jpg

780mm wide. 12.5mm rise (I know... almost flat bars)... but they just make my DH rig that much more awesome!