Rudy Project - Scratch Policy

An3

Hi All

I am sure that I've read about Rudy Project's Scratch policy in a recent magazine but I cannot find it.

A friend scratched his beloved Rudys and need urgent help.

Can anybody guide me please?

Edited by An3

The way I understand this, is you basically take out insurance from Rudy Project ( Paying a fixed price once off ) , and when you lenses are scratced you post both to them(ie. you don't keep them) and they will send back new ones.

ASG

I found this link. My friend's Rudys are older than 12 months - so this in not applicable:(

post-4407-0-78169800-1306176238.jpg

CWC are really good with this. I've had a cracked lens replaced there. Cracked right in the middle of my Genetyks, just under the nose bridge screws. Didn't ask for proof of payment or anything. Mind you, he did remember that I had bought them from him. just gave me a new set...

Need input from ASG here, but basically the lenses have a 12th month warantee costing you R400/R200 to process ?

Thought the Impact X is supposed to be unscratchable/unbreakable, so no normal replacement policy costing you nothing ?

Need input from ASG here, but basically the lenses have a 12th month warantee costing you R400/R200 to process ?

Thought the Impact X is supposed to be unscratchable/unbreakable, so no normal replacement policy costing you nothing ?

Also confused. And the word "lifetime" in the warranty? :unsure:

Thats a very bold statement that they are making. They are plastic so will scratch.

Caerus dont quote me on that but thats basically what it come down to.

I know you can bend the lenses and nothing will happen.

Will go have a look at their marketing blurbs again

Thats a very bold statement that they are making. They are plastic so will scratch.

"Highly scratch resistant…and guaranteed unbreakable for life"

Caerus dont quote me on that but thats basically what it come down to.

I know you can bend the lenses and nothing will happen.

Will go have a look at their marketing blurbs again

Lenses are made for polycarb, as are most lenses nowdays. The plastic is pretty soft compared to glass or even acrylic, it will scratch without a doubt. Even with anti scratch film/ coating applied.

I would love to hear what ASG have to say. As I said its a bold statemant if true and Im sure opens a very large can of worms.