• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nikon D5100

70-200 VR lens

ISO 2800

1/500

f5.3

Love this pic taken at ADDO Spekboom tented camp hide at 18.35 in September. It looks just like a cartoon.

Thanks bud! My new wallpaper thumbup1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well Dangle, it took me a year, but the quality of your pics made me swallow some humble pie (after slating Fuji in the past) and get me an X100. The online review of other fans, including guys like Ken Rockwell are also quite compelling. It did help that it was other people's money: my going away gift from my company of 17 years. I have not had time to play with it as I am currently homeless (50% through the process of relocation across the pond), but the in-camera shots look great. What you did not rave about and what I find amazing is just the build quality, alloy materials and tactile feel of the camera; it makes high end DSLR's feel cheap, plastic and nasty. I don't see this replacing my DSLR, but it will be a great carry cam and portrait catcher.

Nikon D5100

70-200 VR lens

ISO 2800

1/500

f5.3

Love this pic taken at ADDO Spekboom tented camp hide at 18.35 in September. It looks just like a cartoon.

Great pic