10257372_10152076488686179_4241437825760572709_o.jpg

that looks like the palace @ lost city?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mainly stills and some action sport photographs. Videos will be limited

If you are gonna do sport look at the 700 D.

Orms have the one bundle on special at the moment

http://www.ormsdirect.co.za/canon-eos-100d-dslr-with-ef-s-18-55mm-f-3-5-5-6-is-stm-ef-s-55-250mm-is-lens

And here is a bundle on special that is a better option than your 600 combo above the 650 has a lot of nicer features quicker burst rate and vari angle screen both nice features the 650 is basically a 700D

http://www.ormsdirect.co.za/canon-eos-650d-ultimate-bundle

Mainly stills and some action sport photographs. Videos will be limited

STM lenses are great if you are doing video because they are silent you dont get the noise of the lens focusing spoiling your video.

I shoot video on my 700D with an 18-55 is stm and its really the good.

My Daughter has a 650D with the 18-55 dc lens and its very noisy.

None of this is an issue if you are just doing stills.

She has the 3 lenses you listed with your 600 option and although these are entry level lenses the quality of her pictures are perfect and she is quite happy with those lenses.

You can get great deals on the 650D at the moment and to be honest my 700D is a 650D or vice versa :-)

have a look at Studio22 ,Outdoorphoto or ODP and orms as I already listed and see whats on special as sometimes one place will be running a good deal.

The 100D is a smaller camera and I have not used it but its specs are basically in line with the 650D if I remember correctly 650D might be a bit quicker on burst and you have the vari screen which is an option I really like esp when u have the camera on a mini pod and are looking down trying to compose a pic in the screen.

Hope that helps cheers

STM lenses are great if you are doing video because they are silent you dont get the noise of the lens focusing spoiling your video.

I shoot video on my 700D with an 18-55 is stm and its really the good.

My Daughter has a 650D with the 18-55 dc lens and its very noisy.

None of this is an issue if you are just doing stills.

She has the 3 lenses you listed with your 600 option and although these are entry level lenses the quality of her pictures are perfect and she is quite happy with those lenses.

You can get great deals on the 650D at the moment and to be honest my 700D is a 650D or vice versa :-)

have a look at Studio22 ,Outdoorphoto or ODP and orms as I already listed and see whats on special as sometimes one place will be running a good deal.

The 100D is a smaller camera and I have not used it but its specs are basically in line with the 650D if I remember correctly 650D might be a bit quicker on burst and you have the vari screen which is an option I really like esp when u have the camera on a mini pod and are looking down trying to compose a pic in the screen.

Hope that helps cheers

Thanks guys appreciate your feedback

Thanks guys appreciate your feedback

So I got the 650D with the 18 - 135 stm lens and its great. I found that most of the cameras in that price range were very similar, all as good as the other with a few feature differences.

I like the 18 - 135mm as it does everything I need. The quality is good and it means less changing and always ready to shoot.

I am already however finding individual lenses that I may want to buy.

Another thing you should be aware of is this camera is not full frame, so when people talk about the 50mm lens being 'The Standard" you will be talking about a 31mm lens. This is nb when deciding which lens package to go for.

Personally I would go for the 650d or 700d. There are some nice improvements over the 600d and some great packages out there.

thanks everybody for the feedback. I just ordered a Canon 700D from Outdoor photo in Pta. Great service from Gunter. No the learning curve to use it properly start

You will be very happy with that camera what lens did you take with it?

It came as a package deal including a 18 - 55MM , 55-200mm and a 50mm. I think its the STM lenses. will confirm

It came as a package deal including a 18 - 55MM , 55-200mm and a 50mm. I think its the STM lenses. will confirm

Nice buy broker, that 18-55 can be surprisingly good, the 55-200 is nice and sharp and nice to use provided you don't want to do very low light work with it, unless it's on a tripod of course.

The 50 mm f 1.8 is Canon's trump card and probably their most lauded lens, the fantastic plastic, beautiful bokeh and quite sharp wide open.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

I like this one bud :thumbup:

Thanks

Looks way better on my pc.looks dark and soft after i loaded it here.