Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Escapee. You have a good eye. I like the shot with the bike but....

Please don't take this badly. Chill a little with the saturation slider.

Thanks for the feedback HM :thumbup:

post-36275-0-17068000-1403017648_thumb.jpg

Agreed, you have a good eye and keeping it simple is awesome.

I was once told, "it's about the negative spaces make the subject more interesting"

If I may, both your pics have, what can be called, distractions.

The beach photo has excellent everything, but the beach should either be almost complete, maybe ending near the bottom right, or none at all. I think that would just leave it open enough...

The bikes, that front wheel, I don't believe it should be cut off...

Both images have a, just quite not right feeling.

Remember, you can crop out, but never paint in...

But I like your work

Thanks for the feedback HM :thumbup:

go check out kenrockwell.com - you might like his style, as he focuses on colour as the primary ingredient of his photos

Agreed, you have a good eye and keeping it simple is awesome.

I was once told, "it's about the negative spaces make the subject more interesting"

If I may, both your pics have, what can be called, distractions.

The beach photo has excellent everything, but the beach should either be almost complete, maybe ending near the bottom right, or none at all. I think that would just leave it open enough...

The bikes, that front wheel, I don't believe it should be cut off...

Both images have a, just quite not right feeling.

Remember, you can crop out, but never paint in...

But I like your work

Thanks Maximum, I agree with the bike pic, full front wheel would have been sweet.

go check out kenrockwell.com - you might like his style, as he focuses on colour as the primary ingredient of his photos

Will have a look thanks Nonky :thumbup:

Nice one Skypie.

As for the front wheel and composition, yes the wheel, and I am not saying this was the case here, but often the person seeing the photograph actually have no idea how much room the photographer had for a better composition.

As for colour saturation, yes it's very sketchy, touchy and debatable road, however I think photography is changing and it's becoming an art.

Yes it can go from the most ludicrous over processed HDR to the most bland RAW image.

In the end of the day ,someone will like it.

I believe in content and mood and I feel often a great composition will make a bad , bland or out of focus image look good.

On the saturation side of things, I was very tempted to saturate the living daylights out of this image, but the minute I touched the saturation or vibrance slider it became too much, this was taken in RAW with an ND 8 filter, the filter already helps in aiding the colours thus my decision was to try and keep it as natural as possible ,especially with all that golden glow.

10472830_10152108420266179_587447818246214112_o.jpg

It's great how everyone has their own perspective on what makes a good photo. Personally i think that composition is just right - the interest for me is on the boats and the cloud formations - the beach forms a break from the blue without detracting from it. A full beach would be too much IMO.

Forgive me if I posted this already. Longing for the Berg at the moment

Damn, those are some clear clean skies.

Nice pics Skypie.

Sheriff, went and found a link to your Flickr account...

Dude, you know your way around a lens!!! This bike milarky is for the birds... just a pitty SAFA's don't like paying for photos...

Huge Kudos mate!!

Anton Bosman

If you wanna see what the sheriff is good at, go check this out.

10472830_10152108420266179_587447818246214112_o.jpg

I just stared at that, and then stared some more...

Reeeaaaaaalllllyy great photo.

You have an eye for light!!

I think I have an eye for action, can't wait to start getting some good light with some riders in the frame...