Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dangle. Glad you made it to the Piston Ring. I thought I saw your car when I drove out. Nice shots!

:thumbup:

Yip, that was me hogging a parking so close by :lol:

I couldn't find you and saw you leaving as I was getting the kids pancakes.

Yep the food can be quite good there.. It was a nice turnout, despite the so called fuel shortage. The old gas guzzlers were there in force.

@ Dangle - great motor pics. Over the w/e I was trying to get pics of a motor thats a lot less glamorous, a very rusted, decrepit, Lister stationary engine. The lack of contrasts and highlights just killed the attempt though. Those highlights come though great on your shots.

Here are some tame wildlife taken at the same time though which I though were acceptable.

post-4257-0-78232700-1311226988.jpg

post-4257-0-47538500-1311227026.jpg

post-4257-0-41706100-1311227044.jpg

Absolutely.

@Grebel, that is some good work there.

Thanks mate! That means a lot coming from you! I was playing with different settings (Shutter speed mostly) and only got the angle right on the last 3 riders... :( Next time I know though... I chatted to a guy who was shooting on the other side of the jump between runs and he made a very good point. Carry a notebook and pen with you so that when you find the right setting, write it down!!! That way you don't waste time setting up next time. Chances are you forget what you had (In my case anyway!)

Thanks mate! That means a lot coming from you! I was playing with different settings (Shutter speed mostly) and only got the angle right on the last 3 riders... :( Next time I know though... I chatted to a guy who was shooting on the other side of the jump between runs and he made a very good point. Carry a notebook and pen with you so that when you find the right setting, write it down!!! That way you don't waste time setting up next time. Chances are you forget what you had (In my case anyway!)

:D

Tough thing this photography game :thumbup:

Patham, only saw your pics now :blush:

Awesome images :thumbup:

The Yukon Delta from space...

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/291/cache/earth-art-yukon-delta-alaska-canada-refuge_29159_600x450.jpg

Ta for the compliments.

Heres a few pics (peacock and a macaw) where Mother Nature over-saturated her colours in Photo Shop.

post-4257-0-13391000-1311313674.jpg

post-4257-0-22593800-1311313755.jpg

Real good stuff there Patham.

Man, you gotta give me warnings before putting spider pics like that on this thread. I insist on at least 4 feet of separation (1 standard broomstick) between me and rain/wolf spiders, and now one pops up on the monitor, larger than life, in glorious technicolour. Heebie-jeebies of note.

Although, aren't all good pics meant to elicit reactions ??