Cajees and Giant fail to please !!!

Heavy legs

Welcome to the Cajees-NON-Supporters club!!

I had my rant about them on another post the other day, so I won't repeat myself. All I can say is that it seems to be a problem at most of their branches. I had my problems at the Fourways branch.

Good luck!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, yay. Another of those " the bike shop is supposed to be run like a charity, and they are supposed to be my perfect BFF, and now something went wrong on the bike, cause I never set it up properly, never serviced it, and it's all the useless bike shop's fault. Damn them to hell for running their business like a business." threads. They make me so happy.

I would sincerly hope I get both when I buy a bike, your'e spending a lot of money here.

Agreed !

Oh, yay. Another of those " the bike shop is supposed to be run like a charity, and they are supposed to be my perfect BFF, and now something went wrong on the bike, cause I never set it up properly, never serviced it, and it's all the useless bike shop's fault. Damn them to hell for running their business like a business." threads. They make me so happy.

You run a business like this, and you soon will be a charity case !!!

sigh....

you buy bikes and stuff from cajees, thats it. but they should not be allowed to touch the thing, not even assemble, haggle them down, buy at the good price, and take to a proper mechanic to reassemble and service from thereon. simple

There you go lads. Always listen to the girl. (oh, and might I add that you shop around, cajees isn't always cheapest, they usually are.)

You run a business like this, and you soon will be a charity case !!!

Funny, cajees seem to do just fine, they have more stores than any other cycle shop/chain/whatever, they have a huge selection, massive stores, etc, so it appears they do just fine. Use your common sense, and maybe do some research before you spend money on anything, anywhere - cars, groceries, bikes, etc - next time.

Edited by TNT1

sorry Heavylegs but how does Giant fit into this rant?

Yeah i fail to see why giant makes the headlines here, Giant doesnt make the brake calipers that gave you so much woe. And just do a search on the hub every thread about bad service and being ripped off includes Cajee's.

Funny, cajees seem to do just fine, they have more stores than any other cycle shop/chain/whatever, they have a huge selection, massive stores, etc, so it appears they do just fine. Use your common sense, and maybe do some research before you spend money on anything, anywhere - cars, groceries, bikes, etc - next time.

hhhmmm, no need to get personal, lots of common sense here, no need for you to be so overly concerned about that. Lots of assumptions there, no research done etc etc. so much insight, wow

hhhmmm, no need to get personal,

OK. Sorry then. Didn't think that was particularly personal, but if it came across that way, apologies. I still think that anyone who buys anything from groceries to supercars in this day and age should research not only the product but the supplier beforehand.

Edited by TNT1

Too many assumptions in this statement TNT, but anyway i feel his pain, I went through about 10 bike shops till i found the solution for me, Good Value, discount on everything i buy since i spend quite a bit. Great service, good technical department, and willing to go the extra mile whenever possible. Now because of this relationship i have with my LBS i have no need to ever walk into anohter bike shop for any reason whatsoever.

Too many assumptions in this statement TNT, but anyway i feel his pain, I went through about 10 bike shops till i found the solution for me, Good Value, discount on everything i buy since i spend quite a bit. Great service, good technical department, and willing to go the extra mile whenever possible. Now because of this relationship i have with my LBS i have no need to ever walk into anohter bike shop for any reason whatsoever.

Fair enough. But I, not to defend Cajees, have had poor experiences at bike shops, and the same, or the opposite at car shops, and food places, and grocery stores, and, and, and shops others love and trust, or hate and would burn. Like I said, in this day and age, do your homework. Product and supplier.

Apologies if I assumed, I meant to generalise.

Edited by TNT1

The last time I went to Cajees their cycling guy didn't know the difference between road and MTB shoes.

Don't expect any expertise there

That's why I've never been back since...

The last time I went to Cajees their cycling guy didn't know the difference between road and MTB shoes.

Don't expect any expertise there

That's why I've never been back since...

Never been there for expertise. Maybe that's why I'm not disappointed.

I got there often . It is to my advantage if the sales person does not know what he is talking about expecially at a place like Cajee where you are expected to negotiate . I would also buy a bike from them if they are much cheaper than any other shop . But the Cajees here in Centurion got one or two salesman that knows a bit about the sport so stay clear of them .

U could say that, but the truth is that's only part of it, still working on getting the weight down as well.... I guess I will only know once I have that bike working, or I have to replace it from insurance after I have thrown it off teh side of a cliff at the Monster this weekend...

Let me know which cliff and I will pick it up on my way home...!

A friend of mine also got his bike 'serviced' there recently....

After going there twice, and breaking a rear derailer into pieces he went to Linden to get it sorted.

No problem since....