Tyres ....

smerds

Many of you hubbers have two sets of wheels for the road, training set and racing set.

So .....

What tyres do you ride on your training set and why ...?

What tyres do you ride on your racing set and way ...?

I have to replace tyres and your knowledge will help, both sets are clincher.

I train on Continental Grand Prix 4 Season tyres-reason is that they are very good in wet weather and pretty good at puncture prevention.They also don't seem to cut easy,as i have riden through a lot of glass and vever punctured.Been riding this set over a year now.

Racing wheels have Conti GP4000s on them-reason is i like the feel of them in the fast corners.They are light and strong.They also seem to last forever.

Everyone raves about Gatorskins, but honestly, I have never had much success with them. I tried them, but found they had little traction, didnt last longer than any other tire I have used, they constantly unwound and I ended up with those long threads gumming up my brakes and hubs and I punctured just as often as before.

Presently I am using Michelins, I still puncture and they dont last any longer than any other tire, but they dont unwind and I just feel safer with them "grippy" wise.

training rims Serfas seca and racing wheels gatorskins but wil change to secas

on them aswell. not the lightest around but give good protection

Vitoria rubinos

Pump them nice and hard. 9 bar at the rear and 8 at the front

Training: WTB Weirwolf 2.1

Racing: WTB Weirwolf 2.1

These are the wheels that I got with my bike. They are awesome on all surfaces...

Will definitely look to replacing with them with the same set...

Training: Vredenstein Duocomp - Reason is a very nice tire, grip nicely in wet and dry weather...also very durable, strong...can go well at 9bar...

Racing: GP4000S, a nice fast tire, grips well in the dry since I have not tried it in the wet....also light and durable.

I used to use Gatorskins....got flats with them also, even on the first ride I tried them, its to hard for my liking but works well on a indoor trainer....and doesn't look cool on my bike,lol