Sani2C 2012 - Talk of another race to be added

Caerus

Word on the street is that they will add a third race to the event. So it will be the main race, the adventure race and then another new one, not sure exactly what it is.

Has anyone else heard about this?

You cant have too much of a good thing!

They had the Sani2C non stop a while ago, but that was, um... Stopped.

Wonder how it would work, maybe start the day before the Adventure, possibly shorter distances. :unsure:

I was eating supper at one of the Sani2C overnight stops. Sitting at the same table were some of the local organising committee with a significant sponsor. They were discussing the idea of hosting a 3rd Sani2C race at the venue.

They did not sound very enthusiastic bearing in mind they already have 1 x Jhb2C and 2 x Sani2C within the space of two weeks.

Edited by I FLY

ummm, what is a sani2c lite ? like as in daylight riding ?

A S2C night race will be even better! Then they can really cram the races in in a few days.

Not exactly sure how a "light" race would work. The current route is just about the shortest and easiest way to get from Underberg to Scottburgh. Unless you do no single track and take district and tar roads.

If anything they might consider a 1/2 Joberg2C. Perhaps do from stage 5 to 9 a day before the Joberg2C riders.

A S2C night race will be even better! Then they can really cram the races in in a few days.

Sure and while we are riding at night time the poachers can come in and reduce the beef farmers stock by half. One big issue with night riding on farm land is the issue with poachers.

Heard a rumor of a Sani2c light

+1

Heard it from the farmers horses mouth. Don't know details, but obviously shorter distances.

You cant have too much of a good thing!

They had the Sani2C non stop a while ago, but that was, um... Stopped.

Wish they would bring Nonstop back!

It was mentioned on Super Cycling by Farmer Glen that there will be a third race the same time as the adventure and race

i wonder if the money aspect (for whatever reason) that has stayed away from the this race is starting to creep in ..... or if its a genuine aspect of rider demand.

I think probably rider demand. There are so many of us dying to do it and current contestants just aren't dropping out.

• 8 months later...

sani2c is making an entry available through its FB page (www.facebook.com/sani2c). You need to bid for the entry, but the funds all go to charity. It's a team entry for the 2012 Trail :)