Tread magazine subsription

Peter L

Yep, checked and re-checked the subscription and that they have the correct address. I emailed them this morning and they are going to investigate it and try to sort it out.

In all fairness they only get it wrong every second month :P

At pauloc we have got tired of approaching Tread cause at times they dont even bother getting back to us .Looks like i kicked a hornets nest here

That's strange, I've subscribed since Tread started and have not missed a copy, nor has a copy been lost, however, I have had copies of other mags getting mislaid.

Also havent received mine. ..checked with TREAD and Bicycling as didnt get either. Seems there is a problem with the publisher and that the new issues were supposed to be out by now. If your bike shop has them now and you dont, there's a good excuse to be P off..hmmm...better check the bike shop today!!

I was thinking of Subscribing this morning but now I don't know if I should.

will follow this thread and then make up my mind.

At pauloc we have got tired of approaching Tread cause at times they dont even bother getting back to us .Looks like i kicked a hornets nest here

Eish. Sorry to hear that. Anyone got a direct line to someone at Tread? Wasn't Sean B on here at one stage? Maybe drop them a line and point them to the 2 / 3 threads that have popper up over the past few months regarding delivery problems.

I'm sure I've seen Sean B here on the hub. I already emailed Tread and included Sean in the email as well and included the link to this thread.

They did reply to my email already, I hope Sean replies here as well.

Their contact details: http://www.treadmag.co.za/DisplayCustomLink.aspx?club=treadmag&name=Contact%20us

and while we're moaning... the online browsing option on Issuu has'nt been updated in a while as well,

I wonder if they stopped making it available online?

Edited by Jacquers

Eish. Sorry to hear that. Anyone got a direct line to someone at Tread? Wasn't Sean B on here at one stage? Maybe drop them a line and point them to the 2 / 3 threads that have popper up over the past few months regarding delivery problems.

Spoke with last week regarding work with the mag, distribution came up. It's definitely a bugbear for Tread and every other publication on similar scale, essentially they're tied down by SAPO and the distributors on getting each issue out and it's a constant fight to resolve.

So they are aware and are working on it, unfortunately it's not an easy fix, especially with independent titles in this country.

They actually do (or used to) publish the issues on issuu.com, I think a month or two after the mag comes out.

I know what you mean though, like buying a pdf or something, it would definitely please the eco-greenies.

Guest Iron

Just contact them directly ( numbers on there website ) , i did that and got fantastic help. they have a huge problem with mags going missing in the system (SAPO ).

But they will gladly help, i was privileged enough to get my mag delivered personally to my house ( now dont all get excited this for obvious reason cant happen to all )

The point is they will do what they can to help.

Thank you SB and Tread for going out of your way to assist.

Just got this automated email from Tread below. Looks like the reason for some people not getting their latest issue came down to a computer glitch or similar (this was to be my first issue on subscription).

Anyway, glad to see they've identified the problem & sent out some proactive communication about the error. Hope to see my June issue in my post box shortly...

Dear TreadMag Subscriber,

We would like to apologise for the error which resulted in you not receiving your TreadMag issues. This was caused by a small glitch in the system that resulted in certain EFT payments not being recorded correctly. All payment details have been corrected and you should receive your next issue shortly.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Kind regards,

Entelect Online Support

Edited by tombeej

I received 2 issues for a year's subscription, not sure where the fault lies but on contacting Tread (twice) the problem wasn't resolved. Electronic distribution may entice me back but definitely not a printed edition which is not always received. Blame the SAPO? Maybe. This is Africa and we need to adapt to local conditions. Come on Tread!