The 10kg mark....

Monark

Hi

Just interested to know who here on the hub has a 10kg dual?

Name brand and mods!

Hi

Just interested to know who here on the hub has a 10kg dual?

Name brand and mods!

Jarek has a 10kg Intense DH bike... 10kg for the front half and another 10kg for the back...

Jarek has a 10kg Intense DH bike... 10kg for the front half and another 10kg for the back...

haha! I was just about to say... I have a 20kg Morewood dual susser... does that mean it's twice as much bike as a 10kg one...

Hell yeah! haha!

but to answer the original qustion... yup! I'm sure there's a couple of sub 10kg duals on here. Seen one for sale in fact KTM Score with carbon fork, shock, rims and just about everything else!(atleast I think it was sub 10kg)

haha! I was just about to say... I have a 20kg Morewood dual susser... does that mean it's twice as much bike as a 10kg one...

Hell yeah! haha!

but to answer the original qustion... yup! I'm sure there's a couple of sub 10kg duals on here. Seen one for sale in fact KTM Score with carbon fork, shock, rims and just about everything else!(atleast I think it was sub 10kg)

I just don't trust bikes that are that light. I'd rather keep on riding my 12kg Zula, with the knowledge that I can over and through stuff without worrying about whether the bike will survive it. The extra 2kg I'll lose around my waste and it'll save me a fortune in the process. Just my 3 cents.

I have a KTM Score Prestige...9.8kg standard!

there you go! the owner of the sub 10kg KTM that's for sale!

Hell yeah! haha!

But it's a Meerhout so you only started with half a bike ;)

But it's a Meerhout so you only started with half a bike ;)

haha! well luckily I have 2 "Meerhouts" to make up for that fact ;)

...and BB... just be glad I got rid of my Yeti... haha!

Edited by patches

Am just curious... have recently overheard a few riders saying that it is easy to drop a dual into the 10kg region... My Anthem is 11.2kg and I cant imagine it being lighter!

I do not want carbon anything on my bike... I fall too often.

why do you want to go to less that 10 kg ? what possible advantage is 1kg going to give you ?

Am just curious... have recently overheard a few riders saying that it is easy to drop a dual into the 10kg region... My Anthem is 11.2kg and I cant imagine it being lighter!

I do not want carbon anything on my bike... I fall too often.

Sounds like you need a "Meerhout"! Rock solid bikes they are! hahaha!

but yeah! real men ride metal bikes! none of that plastic nonsense (unless you're Greg Minnaar and can get a new plastic bike whenever your old one breaks).

Slowbee: 1kg will make no difference to me at all.

I want to see how many 10kg duals there are out there. I think that they are very rare.

My Anthem weighed in at 14kg's new (2009 X2).

Dropping that to 11kg's has made a difference.

It'll make a difference if you jump the thing - easier to lift and tuck as well as easier to chuck around. But then, at that point strength becomes an issue, and with anything on big jumps or dropoffs etc it's going to make a negative difference. With weight loss, you also sacrifice a bit of strength - unless you pay out your 4rse for the components...

Slowbee: 1kg will make no difference to me at all.

I want to see how many 10kg duals there are out there. I think that they are very rare.

My Anthem weighed in at 14kg's new (2009 X2).

Dropping that to 11kg's has made a difference.

:thumbup: