2011 TheHubSA TDF competition

Frosty

Frosty if you are going to allow substitutions, then it should be for all and not just withdrawn riders. I have a few non performers I woul like to get rid of. Also what about team substitutions?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VAN DEN BROECK Jurgen - Cadel Evans

Retrospectively, it would have been nice for my points table to have Phillipe 13" Gilbert on my team from the start as well!

Edited by splat

I wonder if the head organiser is open to some bribes - make a few names disapear and others appear ... maybe like due to bad speling?

I wonder if the head organiser is open to some bribes - make a few names disapear and others appear ... maybe like due to bad speling?

You know Christian PRUDHOMME??

Frosty if you are going to allow substitutions, then it should be for all and not just withdrawn riders. I have a few non performers I woul like to get rid of. Also what about team substitutions?

What makes this competition different from the rest, besides the fun element, is the fact that you cannot change your riders once picked.

You are also not restricted in the composition of your team, i.e. like Velogames where you only have 100 points.

So the competition should remain as is, without any changes.

But it gets a little demoralising for a few competitors when they lose riders through someone else's fault, i.e. a bunch crash, or by a car, etc.

Last year it was Frank Schleck (19 hubbers picked him and lost points from stage 3 onwards) who crashed early.

This year, Wiggins seems to be the most picked "injured person"

In short, it's unfair on the guys that get the picks right, but it still adds some fair-play should a rider go out because of a freak accident.

I need to juice up my team. Wiggins out - Cadel Evans in, Jurgen out - Andreas Kloden in

Ok, then for me for the concurrent scorecard it is HORNER out and EVANS in.

Personally I think in future it should remain that you pick your team at the start and then that is it for the duration of the competition. If there are freak accidents etc then that is bad luck. Every rider has the same risk to be involved in some or other freak incident.