Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

Nice bike

The JHB Critical Mass looks to have alot of Lycra clad riders ... the CT CM though is always dominated by jean pant wearing hippies.

It usually is for the retro crowd but I was told there were a bunch of riders from the big lycra clubs :P. Who cares though. All types are welcome. That is what makes CM.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It usually is for the retro crowd but I was told there were a bunch of riders from the big lycra clubs :P. Who cares though. All types are welcome. That is what makes CM.

Done a good couple of CM's in CT and am usually one of very few in lycra as I cycle in everyday anyway and do a bit of mileage.

Don't have an issue with lycra, but am more interested to see the composition of riders. I took a look at some of the other pics and there seemed to be more "civie clad" riders at the JHB ride on these pics.

I had an idea that being of the bigger(fat) nature i wanted somthing that i could jump off or over everything. Something that would be bombproof of sorts... Sadly my skill and nerve has yet to be developed to test this... :blush:

post-8438-0-72604600-1341227667.jpg

Giant Raign X1

160mm front and 170mm rear travel.

I added a contact switch remote seat post when i purchased it. SO now i just need to ride more. This is now my only bike(off road anyway) i ride it up hill and down, the latter being more fun! :thumbup:

oh and by the way this was the only pic i could find right away, this was the day i got it(that why its in a office)

Not mine, but I thought I'll share it here...

The 2013 Transition Covert Carbon

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Carbon-Transition-Covert-600x363.jpg

Very cool - looks a lot like a SB66 though, just with a Horst link ?

Pardon my ignorance, but what is this "Critical Mass" you speak of?

When your front half of the bike is equal to the rear of the bike and thereby having a state of critical mass.

Some riders also believe in the critical mass point being 100grams lighter that what their bicycle frame warantee would cover.

Then you get the critical mass ride which is a world wide ride held on the last Friday of every month in city centers where riders and commuters get together and claim and ride on the streets to create awareness.

It's awesomeness! The most fun you'll ever have riding on the road!

Yebo. There is no other time that a DH bike looks right on the road.

Yebo. There is no other time that a DH bike looks right on the road.

oh crap! seems I was spotted!

So you're saying even if I want to ride up the road for bread an milk, I can't take the DH bike? :lol: (I've done that a few times)

oh crap! seems I was spotted!

So you're saying even if I want to ride up the road for bread an milk, I can't take the DH bike? :lol: (I've done that a few times)

I wasn't at CM. I hope the wrist is okay for next month.

Do you ride the DH bike on the road though? If I have my AM bike on the road, I usually find I'm riding mostly on pavements, hopping up and down and riding over obstacles etc.

Patches rides around on his DH rig lifting garden gnomes.... He has issuez...(lol)

Edited by TheV

I wasn't at CM. I hope the wrist is okay for next month.

Do you ride the DH bike on the road though? If I have my AM bike on the road, I usually find I'm riding mostly on pavements, hopping up and down and riding over obstacles etc.

haha! yeah, this time I was on the road. But the 3 previous CMs which I have done (1 on DH rig, 2 on AM rig) did involve a lot of playing.

This time though, I brough a non-cyclist friend, and she was using my little Morewood 4X bike. I felt it would have been un-hostly of me to run off and play while she rides alone.

Patches rides around on his DH rig lifting garden gnomes.... He has issuez...(lol)

Are you calling my friend a "garden gnome"? ...hey! hey hey!

hahaha!

• 1 month later...

Oh well, should post my bike here, I always think of it more as a trail bike, than AM bike, but it has 145 mm travel, so here it is, Yeti 575, Fox Talas fork (on it's way out so a RS Sektor RL 120-150 dual pos coil will be replacing it), SLX brakes and custom built wheels, Hope and DRC DH18 front, SLX and DRC DH18 back, X0 RD and shifters, XO gripshift front with SLX FD. SLX cranks.

Now that the RS Sektor is on, here is the Yeti again, looks so much better!

post-2975-0-54675700-1345732818.jpg