Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

The Yeti in front of the roses, it's been muddy on the mountain, Hussefeld bars and stem, stx and X0 drivetrain (Gripshift front to trim front der), STX brakes, RS Sektor coil shock- Oh so plush- pleased I went with the coil instead of air shock, it is so much more plush than the TALAS I had on before. cane creek grips, and of course the Brooks saddle, and Mallet pedals.

post-2975-0-56916300-1355057130_thumb.jpg

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Deano,

gotta love them snowmonsters smile.png

I've had to satisfy my recent bout of GAS by updating some of the kit on mine, got a short cage X0 rear derailleur and shifter (thanks Adnan!) and ditched the front derailleur, a csixx chain guide, Mallet 3 pedals and some new Goodridge hoses. Loving the 1x9 setup!

Cheers,

Treb

Edit: Forgot to mention that I finally ditched the 2-Step (good riddance) trying my luck with the Dual Position Air. Hold thumbs :/

post-4101-0-20309500-1355082349_thumb.jpg

Edited by TЯΞB

What size chainring do you run?

Thinking of going 36t with an 11-34t cassette. Currently on a 34 with an 11-32t cassette but I am running out of speed on the downs.

Wow..Is it Yeti day today?

Both really sweet machines!! clap.gif

csixx is so damn sexy drool.gif .

Thanks man, ja, still love her after all these years wink.png

The csixx is shweet, but what a mission to fit on this bike (or any bike with a 73mm BB and 51mm chainline that doesn't have ISCG tabs as standard for that matter). I had to get an aftermarket ISCG adaptor (DMR) and machine it down by 3mm.

What size chainring do you run?

Thinking of going 36t with an 11-34t cassette. Currently on a 34 with an 11-32t cassette but I am running out of speed on the downs.

This is still the original 32T SLX chainring. Any aftermarket (Hope, etc.) bling chainring will not fit in the csixx chainguide on this bike because they are too wide and the chain rubs on the outer guide sad.png

Basically the problem is that the guide sits too far outboard, 3mm is all I could take off the DMR adaptor to bring it further inboard. The csixx adaptor supplied can't be machined due to its design, and I didn't want to start cutting my BB shell. All running very smoothly now though smile.png

Having said all that, I happily run a 2:1 ratio on my SS, and this gives me from 1:1 to 3:1 (more or less) and it's a steel chainring, so I'm ok for now. I'll see how I go, I've only done one short ride so far ....

Edited by TЯΞB

The Yeti in front of the roses, it's been muddy on the mountain, Hussefeld bars and stem, stx and X0 drivetrain (Gripshift front to trim front der), STX brakes, RS Sektor coil shock- Oh so plush- pleased I went with the coil instead of air shock, it is so much more plush than the TALAS I had on before. cane creek grips, and of course the Brooks saddle, and Mallet pedals.

post-2975-0-56916300-1355057130_thumb.jpg

Brooks saddle on trail machine. Different in a cool way. thumbup1.gif

Thanks man, ja, still love her after all these years wink.png

The csixx is shweet, but what a mission to fit on this bike (or any bike with a 73mm BB and 51mm chainline for that matter). I had to get an aftermarket ISCG adaptor (DMR) and machine it down by 3mm.

This is still the original 32T SLX chainring. Any aftermarket (Hope, etc.) bling chainring will not fit in the csixx chainguide on this bike because they are too wide and the chain rubs on the outer guide sad.png

Basically the problem is that the guide sits too far outboard, 3mm is all I could take off the DMR adaptor to bring it further inboard. The csixx adaptor supplied can't be machined due to its design, and I didn't want to start cutting my BB shell. All running very smoothly now though smile.png

Having said all that, I happily run a 2:1 ratio on my SS, and this gives me from 1:1 to 3:1 (more or less) and it's a steel chainring, so I'm ok for now. I'll see how I go, I've only done one short ride so far ....

Good to know. I was going to order the Csixx 110 for the Mbuzi I'm building but it too has a 73mm bb shell and ICGS 05 setup. Worried now that it won't work.

Will need to look at my options. E-Thirteen might be an option.

You should be fine with the csixx, the 575 doesn't have ISCG tabs so I have to run an ISCG adaptor that clamps between the BB shell and BB replacing the spacer. As far as I can see the tabs on the Mbuzi are recessed from the face of the BB shell placing the guide more inboard. I'll update my post.

Nice Deano,

I've had to satisfy my recent bout of GAS by updating some of the kit on mine, got a short cage X0 rear derailleur and shifter (thanks Adnan!) and ditched the front derailleur, a csixx chain guide, Mallet 3 pedals and some new Goodridge hoses. Loving the 1x9 setup!

Cheers,

Treb

Edit: Forgot to mention that I finally ditched the 2-Step (good riddance) trying my luck with the Dual Position Air. Hold thumbs :/

Nice looking bike treb. I'd love to run a 1x setup on my bike, but the mountains around here are just too long and steep, and I'd kill my knees.

Brooks saddle on trail machine. Different in a cool way. thumbup1.gif

It was on the old bike, and just got transferred to this build, It's just so comfortable, this bike also gets used as a marathon machine, so a comfortable seat is essentual.

You should be fine with the csixx, the 575 doesn't have ISCG tabs so I have to run an ISCG adaptor that clamps between the BB shell and BB replacing the spacer. As far as I can see the tabs on the Mbuzi are recessed from the face of the BB shell placing the guide more inboard. I'll update my post.

Nice Deano,

Cheers,

Treb

post-4101-0-20309500-1355082349_thumb.jpg

Hey Treb

You bringing that machine to Plett this year?

My Bike has had some upgrades:

Shorter stem, nice WIDE bars, and XT Brakes

post-24109-0-81611000-1354873193_thumb.jpg

Wow! Nice bike! Is that the Remedy? What stem did you use?

Edited by BearManGuy

Hey Treb

You bringing that machine to Plett this year?

Oh yeah, will be there from the 21st onwards. Are you going?

Will you bring your SS too?

Oh yeah, will be there from the 21st onwards. Are you going?

Will you bring your SS too?

Going up on 22nd, contemplating bringing the SS with. At moment depends on space

After too many pivot bearing replacements (3 this year so far) on my Intense 5.5, I got this:

post-4006-0-67141200-1355128752_thumb.jpg

Big thanks to Steve from Morewood. Great Service.

Great service indeed.

post-22685-0-58054600-1355137546_thumb.jpg

Going up on 22nd, contemplating bringing the SS with. At moment depends on space

Kewl, looking forward to it thumbup1.gif