What tire for good grip on corners?

Looking for 29er tubeless tire that has good grip (i.e. solid confidence on fast single track corners)

Right now I have a Brontager 29-3 Team edition - fast and light-ish (730 g) - not bad at all. Never had any problems except that I don't think it grips 100% around switchback corners

Its on American Classics 'tubeless' wheel

Running Geax AKA on back

Must be tubeless, must not be prone to side cuts

2.2 or 2.25

Must not be heavier than the existing weight (thus Saguaro is out)

...any suggestions?

"grips 100% around corners" and "29er" are paradoxical and shouldn't go in the same sentence :P

Just kidding (although they really won't corner the same as a 26er)

...ok... so now I guess I have to try contribute something of value after that comment...

well... if you're wanting to do some fast technical cornering a less XC and more AM type of tyre may suit.

eg. Maxxis Ardent 29er. There's no tubeless specific, but there is a folding bead version. 650g for 2.25"

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=31277

i recommend pronutro with as little milk as possible. grips like concrete.

but if this topic gets moved to the appropiate forum, maybe there'll be another answer...

i recommend pronutro with as little milk as possible. grips like concrete.

but if this topic gets moved to the appropiate forum, maybe there'll be another answer...

Much like my mate Donkey's favourite, ACE.

as for cornering, it really depends on a couple of things of which, ground condition,tire pressure, tire knob pattern, and mostly importantly, cornering technique, come to mind.

Maybe tell us what's happening when you cornering, and the condition of the ground, your current tire pressure?

Keep your weight over the front more so that the back end drifts out before the front tire loses grip. If you can do that well then you can corner fast on most tires. Try maxxis ardent super tacky on the front. Ridiculous grip but they only last a few months and then all the knobs fall off. The price of speed. . .

Maybe its just a perception thing...lets say its a left turn - I stand on pedals, weight fairly far in front, body steer to left, ...then reach a tipping point where it feels like I'm gonna fall cross over the handle bar, quite nerve racking in wet conditions...it also somehow feels like Im trying to turn...bot turning fast enough. Its 680 cm bar and other people on the same geometry (but diff tires) certainly move faster than me through tight corners. I believe if I have tires with good grip I will push harder. Some maybe the question should be : Do you thing the Brontager 29-3 Team edition has good grip?