WTF??

Absolutely disgusting.

http://images.zaazu.com/img/vomit-boy02-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000653-large.gif

Mostly in the genes and gets worse with age. Also shows more the leaner you are. I'm going for my operation just a few days after Trans Baviaans. The doc reckons it will improve the blood circulation in my legs apart from the cosmetic improvement. :thumbup:

Mostly in the genes and gets worse with age. Also shows more the leaner you are. I'm going for my operation just a few days after Trans Baviaans. The doc reckons it will improve the blood circulation in my legs apart from the cosmetic improvement. :thumbup:

Ok - good luck with the procedure etc.! - but the question still remains, what exactly is it/causes it?

http://images.smh.com.au/2011/07/07/2477745/gal-port-tour_crash--12--600x400.jpg

Too many blood transfusions..........

I thought they must stay because these are the veins the dr's uses with a heart bypass?? :o :blink: :unsure:

Once the veins looks like that, the valves are shot inside the veins (non-return valve) and it serves almost no purpose. I would not like to have those transplanted anywhere but the medical waste bin.

George Hincapie?

His legs have been like that for years.

I am sure that he has spoken to a Doctor about it.

It doesn't seem to be slowing him down much...

Yip, varicose veins. As stated the "one-way" valves (those that prevent the blood that should go back to the heart to return to the legs) in the supperficial veins of the legs that has gone bust.

Causes: age, thrombosis, liver problems, hepat-splenic hypertension, some times excesive exercise can also do this(like the muscle builders have on thier arms and chest), etc, etc....

Should it get removed?...... if not symptomatic, no.

But they can cause ulcers, DVT, pain infection(thrombophlebitis) and should then be looked at.

George Hincapie?

His legs have been like that for years.

I am sure that he has spoken to a Doctor about it.

It doesn't seem to be slowing him down much...

If it is Hincapie it must be due to excessive use of EPO and other roids duing his stay with USPS