PPA Seeding Run

Merida002

I think i'm gonna do cat. 3 as well...

I doubt very much that you'll be allowed to race Cat 3, let alone Cat 4. Because of your age. Min age category for Cat 4 is U/16 riders.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt very much that you'll be allowed to race Cat 3, let alone Cat 4. Because of your age. Min age category for Cat 4 is U/16 riders.

sucks, I know Ivan rode U16 last year when he was still U14, so maybe I can give that a shot.

sucks, I know Ivan rode U16 last year when he was still U14, so maybe I can give that a shot.

A younster with yr cycling ability will do Well in Cat4. Stefan De Bod rode Cat4 (Summer 2011) and took 3rd place overall.

Edited by DMC007

Just had a look and have to agree.

Weird reseeding run, this one... and the one thing that's gone completely out of whack is the Argus. A lower index on that than my Wilde ride - which is a much easier (and a bit shorter) ride and was done in a lower avg speed than Argus?! Can't remember what my Argus index was before this, but I do remember it was so much better than the rest that it was rated to make up 50% of the seeding - now it's the lowest of all!

And enough has been said last year already about the stuff-up they made of the 99er. (Yes, my Argus has even dropped behind that one in index!)

A younster with yr cycling ability will do Well in Cat4. Stefan De Bod rode Cat4 (Summer 2011) and took 3rd place overall.

So did Ivan Venter (sure you know him) and he won one event I think.

I think U16 this year is the strongest age cat. in SA, most of them are from the province too :)

Last year i rode league with them and JC jantjies, Grame Ockhuis, Ay-Yooob Isaacs and Carl Bonthuys.

Came pretty much last each time.

I did cat 3 this year. Its a *** cat to race in! No tactics and stupid moves the entire time. Also known as the Capy Cat :)

The league is always ***, unless you're strong enough to just string them out so idiots can't attack in the 1st 5km's.

I though I must be the kakkest rider on The Hub.. C in 2009 to D 2011 summer to E last month and this morning I am F according to PPA> :unsure:

So I can ride as a Cat 3 racer.. Hmmmmmm Just gotta watch all the dodgy bike handling skills in that bunch.

Thought you were bad, I dropped from D to I :lol:

Did not do much races this season but 5 groups is alot

I'll probably just focus on the Argus tour 2012

As long as there was some consistency in how the seeding was done, we should all end up in a group with similar riders. I was a decimal fraction away from a D and now I'm in F and a whisker away from G.

I guess PPA is trying to thin out the higher seedings, but they'll probably change their mind when only 5 riders qualify for Cat1...:unsure:

Well my theory with the PPA seeding is this:

If you have been riding in a higher seeding (say B or C for argument sake) and you drop down to let say F or G (for argument sake) there is no way you will go up to a B again. With the winning time adjustments its just not possible and the lower group's race pace is just too slow to make up seeding except if you totally ride out of your group and beat them by 5 to 10min. To get a good race seeding (A-C) you will have to ride elite/or start with the A bunch in a non league event

Some people to climb the seeding quickly but these are individuals who have been cycling a while and is just in another class as the lower seeding riders. Not many of them around.

So i will go out on a limb and say that if you have been dropped to a lower seeding chances are exceptional that you wont make it back, you will probably drop more with the following seeding run

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Did you do any other Argus seeding rides??Like Die Burger?

im sure' i'll get a VA seeding for next year. my point is their indexing is wonky.

but who cares. As long as i can still race elites or VA im honestly not bothere.

As long as there was some consistency in how the seeding was done, we should all end up in a group with similar riders. I was a decimal fraction away from a D and now I'm in F and a whisker away from G.

I guess PPA is trying to thin out the higher seedings, but they'll probably change their mind when only 5 riders qualify for Cat1...:unsure:

Agree 100%. Your comment makes sense.

I am 38 now. Got back into riding after alot of, well, shall we say other activities? Thanks to the bike I am in the best shape, physically and mentally.

You have talent and the advantage of youth.. stay with the sport and the sport will give you so much back. And, you will be racing Elites before you know it.

I am 38 now. Got back into riding after alot of, well, shall we say other activities? Thanks to the bike I am in the best shape, physically and mentally.

You have talent and the advantage of youth.. stay with the sport and the sport will give you so much back. And, you will be racing Elites before you know it.

Thanks,

I plan to stick with it. :thumbup:

Maybe this has been discussed somewhere else, but I see from the PPA e-mail out today that there will now be seperate seeding numbers for MTB compared to road. Step in the right direction, I'd say.

Maybe this has been discussed somewhere else, but I see from the PPA e-mail out today that there will now be seperate seeding numbers for MTB compared to road. Step in the right direction, I'd say.

Yes. i agree.