Tokai accident 12 July???

Larry King

Just heard from a work colleague who was on the scene when it happened. Apparently a cyclist hit one of the new drainage culverts on the main dirt road at speed. He was in a very bad way... severe facial damage.

Not good news

Hope he is ok

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dh whipping boy more like eh 16v ? I had an 8v once. Much nicer car.

"Sorry for hi-jack"

Then you obviously never met this car on the road before I sold it!

Engine conversion done by myself. I aint afraid of any manual labour!

post-8148-0-79871500-1310541170.jpg

post-8148-0-17908800-1310541220.jpg

They have just re-done all the drainage sections this week. I rode up there yesterday and thought they were very abrupt. I hope the guy is ok.

Why do some people have stupid comments/phrases written at the bottom of their profile??

Nearly as useless as those guys wearing powerband bracelets :lol: :clap:

dude, nobody cares what year your shifters are. or what frame you have.

Got no problem to get involved, just not gonna help on the DH trails!

Let me know when single tracks gets attention, the trails without ANY man made jumps.

If there is a hint to work on jumps, I`m outta there!

Signs are needed in Tokai with the direction arrows!

Just out of interest, who classifies a trail as DH? The main hill single track was initially a normal single track. Someone started to build jumps just next to the trail and now its known as a DH??

Most of the riders I`ve seen using this trail are NON-DH riders!!! From beginners to semi-pros, riding in both directions!!

David is a troll. lets just ignore him from here on people.

Just heard from a work colleague who was on the scene when it happened. Apparently a cyclist hit one of the new drainage culverts on the main dirt road at speed. He was in a very bad way... severe facial damage.

Ive never understood the logic of a rider going 50+ k's an hour down a dirt road with a little poly helmet on his head. The outcome can only be severe if there's a fall. Full face helmets are for everyone. Your face can cost a LOT to fix.

Ive never understood the logic of a rider going 50+ k's an hour down a dirt road with a little poly helmet on his head. The outcome can only be severe if there's a fall. Full face helmets are for everyone. Your face can cost a LOT to fix.

Personal experience, grb? ;)

David is a troll. lets just ignore him from here on people.

Been on the hub much longer than you littl boy. Why don't you do somethinh usefull while you on school holiday and go do some DH maintenance, while wearing your full face helmet!!

Can't wait to meet you on the next maintenance session!

Personal experience, grb? ;)

I've a couple of friends who faceplanted. One had to have reconstructive surgery and most of his teeth re-done. The cost was staggering. Surely these people see these drainage culverts on the way up. One should bear caution on the way back. If you're not prepared to fall, then choose another option.

There are certain trails that I won't be able to ride properly without a full face helmet, armour and proper gloves and wrist guards. How can you commit to certain things when you know the outcome could be devastating?

Been on the hub much longer than you littl boy. Why don't you do somethinh usefull while you on school holiday and go do some DH maintenance, while wearing your full face helmet!!

I thought you were not going to help out on the trails?

Let's not feed this troll anymore.

http://policelink.monster.com/nfs/policelink/product_photos/0000/6031/Troll_Spary_max192w.JPG?1202766315

Guest Omega Man

Come on. Be serious. You've only ever held a spade in your hand when you took it out of the garage and handed it over to the garden boy.

On the crash. There's perfectly nice flowy single track right next to the road. Why not ride down that?

Edited by Omega Man

Wish i stayed in CPT , so that i could help the boyz with trail maintenance.That would mean any of the trails , as i would like to ride all of them .They all add up to the same thing <> FUN !.

Dont do much DH in JHB , i would lean towards helpin/ learning the DH trails even if i took the chicken runs :P.

But seems you 'david16v' , might need sum dip for that chip on your shoulder ?

Chill out cuzzie , at least you have a mountain and ocean ;)

Wish i stayed in CPT , so that i could help the boyz with trail maintenance.That would mean any of the trails , as i would like to ride all of them .They all add up to the same thing <> FUN !.

Dont do much DH in JHB , i would lean towards helpin/ learning the DH trails even if i took the chicken runs :P.

But seems you 'david16v' , might need sum dip for that chip on your shoulder ?

Chill out cuzzie , at least you have a mountain and ocean ;)

That's the spirit. We are all at different stages of learning to be better riders. Why would some people object to riding a steep line with jumps and berms? Well, it's probably lack of skill, and an ego that won't allow open friendliness to join a group of better riders who will help move things forward. The ego is the killer of all great things. That's why the Troll had to try and belittle me by saying that he's been on this forum longer, and that I'm a school boy. I wish I was a school boy still...on so many levels!

I was gonna complement your mk2 gti cause i had 2 myself but your attitude sucks. If you only want to ride natural single track then no maintenance is needed. Ride up the old dh track if you can. Thats natural. Ride down it too if you know how. Never had a stock bike from a lbs .

Actually I take it all back david 16v. I dont know you or most of the other people on here so I reserve judgement untill I meet you in person.