Race Organisers - I Hate You!!!!

LukeV-2

Shouldn't you be getting back to "hectic" schedule you have hey?

Come to think of it, you could have worked a shift in bar, made enough money for an entry into the nissan trailseeker race in the time you were here...

:lol: So true.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not canoeing due to time constraints, to clear that up.

Student cards are not easy to fake.

I'm studying architecture, known for its work load being huge.

I cant remeber who said it, but studying isnt 30 000 for 4 years, its around 30 000 a year, cant expect parents to pay that and all your other expenses.

Some people who arent in the situation wont understand. But i am glad to see some people are agreeing with me. I get the feeling that students arent being taken seriously because people feel we ae still wet behind the ears.

THERE IS NO TIME FOR A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, as said before.

*** MAN!!!!!!!!!

I studied Medicine for frikken 6 years! We( med students) have to work 3 nights a week in your final 3 years! And it is not like you woessies that sit and ponder about the "flow" of this and that! You flippen stand on your feet in a sh@t covered goverment hospital and stich/repair 200 shot/axe/stab wounds every evening, deliver flippen 60 gu covered babies and try to get your ward patients organized before the proff comes at 6am! You work until 7 am without sitting once. Then class starts at 8am. If you are not at class, you do not get to write the exams, klaar!

And wait, there is more........I worked 2 evenings every week at the lab, got married on that salary, cycled and went on holidays.........

Yes, I only slept 2 evenings a week, but hell, at least I know how to work!

You are just a lazy ASS

If you do the maths...

They say on the walkerville mtb race website that they have in excess of 1700 riders.

Lets say for 1700 riders they charge R130.00 ea

This totals R221 000.00

One of the farms they go through is owned by someone I know and they don't get paid for the access. At the most they get offered 2 free entries (when I tried to get my hands on one of these last year nothing materialised.)

I can understand the need to pay the guys working for the day and also make a profit.

If they pay 40 people R500 per day that is R20 000.00 and you pay the trail builders R20 000.00 (thumb suck)...

Maybe they pay the venue R25000.00 for the day?

Why are more of us not organising races?????

The profit seems huge - unless I'm missing something...???

Speaking to me like im a kid again. "Mom's going to be cross."

We can have a mtb race if u keen? haha

Which one can u afford?

Compare it to runnung races, scary to see how we are being shafted

Road running races are organised by clubs and volunteers.

MTB races are organised by Professionals making a living from what they do.

Road Running races make use of public roads.

MTB races use private land (mostly) & often have to use labour to cut single track, build bridges etc

Road Running races require very little (if any at all) medical support.

MTB races require medical personal on site, sometimes more than 1 team.

Unless you can find land that you don't need to maintain (ie: singletrack/bridges etc) and the MTB community adopt the club scenario as in running to organise the events you have to pay someone to do it. To be honest if you analysed the MTB community (and some have) you will find it is probably the one sport in South Africa which has the most disposable income. Take a look around at the next race you attend. More than most of the vehicles will be 4x4's or large SUV's costing 300K +, add a bike carrier at an ave of 2K plus the bike at 15K and added cost of say 5k for shorts, shirt, shoes, helmet etc you have a wealthy mix of individuals who essentially don't want to have to spend their time organising events, building bridges or clearing single track. They would just simply rather pay someone else to do it. :D

Edited by ricochet_rabbit

If you do the maths...

They say on the walkerville mtb race website that they have in excess of 1700 riders.

This totals R221 000.00

One of the farms they go through is owned by someone I know and they don't get paid for the access. At the most they get offered 2 free entries (when I tried to get my hands on one of these last year nothing materialised.)

I can understand the need to pay the guys working for the day and also make a profit.

If they pay 40 people R500 per day that is R20 000.00 and you pay the trail builders R20 000.00 (thumb suck)...

Well there you go why dont u try it

How many races you gonna organise in a year?

A student can only get a job if they are studying something silly like a BA or something.

All students have student cards, one would just need to present that, and yes i have seen how the races are organised "from the other side" and i know that the rate can be cheaper.

I have no time for a student job, even in the holidays we get projects.

The times are changing.

Entering the Dusi, a 3 day canoe race from PMB to DBn, is only like R300 for students, if that, it is far more worthwhile and the price is justified. You get food, beer, powerade, t shirts, thousands of free samples, amazing girls to welcome you at the end and a prepared route like none other.

CSA has to wake up in life, and the race organisers.

*** MAN!!!!!!!!!

I studied Medicine for frikken 6 years! We( med students) have to work 3 nights a week in your final 3 years! And it is not like you woessies that sit and ponder about the "flow" of this and that! You flippen stand on your feet in a sh@t covered goverment hospital and stich/repair 200 shot/axe/stab wounds every evening, deliver flippen 60 gu covered babies and try to get your ward patients organized before the proff comes at 6am! You work until 7 am without sitting once. Then class starts at 8am. If you are not at class, you do not get to write the exams, klaar!

And wait, there is more........I worked 2 evenings every week at the lab, got married on that salary, cycled and went on holidays.........

You are just a lazy ASS

Hey regard, can i have your autograph??

My sister studied medicine i know all about it, and you are quite the sensationalist. haha

*** MAN!!!!!!!!!

You are just a lazy ASS

Dear Doctor,

Please get off your high horse. You chose to put yourself through that ordeal - insulting other people because you're a masochist is silly.

Thank you.

Eldron.

You

*** MAN!!!!!!!!!

You are just a lazy ASS

give this man a bell's, actually, give him the bottle, preferably after he's delivered a few babies

Which one can u afford?

Good question. haha.

Oh and BTW, if any of you have read this thread, i am working right now, smart asses. dont get clever with "time spent on here" nonsense. why dont ypou guys get to work.

If you do the maths...

This totals R221 000.00

Lets take Giba for example, they used to do a race, but they made no money from it, they own the trails and have to pay no one as everything is there already. So not sure, if that was for real then, I would stop working today and go do it with my wife.

Hey regard, can i have your autograph??

My sister studied medicine i know all about it, and you are quite the sensationalist. haha

You can't afford my autograph clearly.

And my brother studied archit. So I know exactly what they do! I also know that he had a student job.......

Good question. haha.

Oh and BTW, if any of you have read this thread, i am working right now, smart asses. dont get clever with "time spent on here" nonsense. why dont ypou guys get to work.

You get paid to surf thehub, fark, I need to change my career

Fruity, how much is your bike worth? If you sell it, you could afford the races.

Simple.

My student job paid more (R425 per month) than my first full-time job (R300 per month).

You get paid to surf thehub, fark, I need to change my career

and then you get to start threads about not being able to enter races....