very good front tyre

tunariaan

A high a Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.4 on the front. Its very grippy but the super soft compund probably costs me time - meaning I finish 2nd last insead of 3rd last. :D

Hi-roller is one of the BEST I ever had on my bike but its heavy!!!

this looks just like a high roller, Ive been riding it in front, Its fast and it grips as well as you can make a xc tire grip!

will wear fast if you do lots of tar on it though, but thats why I have a road bike.

post-1279-0-86137700-1311599902.jpg

Conti Mountain king ?

I have the new Mountain King 2 and its bombproof, being RS version its superlight at 490grams, sticks like **** on a wollen jersry, the center knobs gives good rolling resistance, corners like a bat out of hell, and havent managed to puncture it yet.

To me thats a good tyre :D

also look at the maxxis minionhttp://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/bikes-and-gear/components/tyres/minion-399-75.jpg

The minion as far as i know is more of a DH tyre, super grippy but will be heavy as hell, Have a friend running ardents and he loves them.

A discussion like this is almost meaningless - everyone has an opinion and almost all tyres work well some of the time. I can only think of one front tyre that was definitely rubbish - ie very poor cornering grip and thats in 17 years of riding. Basically if you want light weight you will sacrifice durability and vice versa.

What bout a high roller from maxxis?http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/bikes-and-gear/components/tyres/MBUK218/MBK218.group.max_hroller-399-75.jpg

I've been trying to find 2.35 High Rollers for ages, but no one stocks them. Where can you get them?

Banna

PM me you email address, I think my wife's brother still has a set of 2.35 UST's he isn't using

Or shall I say, hardley used...