Bontrager revolt super x tubeless ready

SFDT

is anyone using this tyre? what is your take on it? I am currently running schwalbe rocket ron on the front and racing ralph at the back and I like them. The back tyre is finished and I have two of these Bontrager's at home, will it go with the Rocket Ron(still got plenty tread) or should I put both on the bike? advice will be appreciated

The Bontrager Revolt Super X is a fast rolling tyre and has a stronger casing and side wall than the Rocket Rons. It also rolls better than the Rocket Ron. Grips well in the corners and weighs only +/-495g. We use them on the back and front and sometimes we use them on the back only with a Bontrager Jones XC at the front.

Rocket Rons are also good (we use them too), but we have sliced plenty of them.

The Bontrager Revolt Super X is a fast rolling tyre and has a stronger casing and side wall than the Rocket Rons. It also rolls better than the Rocket Ron. Grips well in the corners and weighs only +/-495g. We use them on the back and front and sometimes we use them on the back only with a Bontrager Jones XC at the front.

Rocket Rons are also good (we use them too), but we have sliced plenty of them.

thanks sounds good, might put both on then. Should work well for Transbaviaans. :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

thanks sounds good, might put both on then. Should work well for Transbaviaans. :thumbup:

Where did you get those Revolts from SFDT (or have you had them for a while)? I've been looking to replace mine, but they've been discontinued.

I have one on the rear of my bike. I bought mine from Solomons in PTA last year, they were on special for about R150 or so. Its not too bad, I tried it on the front and was not happy, felt light. On the rear it seems to perform well BUT its only being used on dry dirt roads and dry tracks here in Magalies, I don't know how much use it would be in the mud/wet.

The bontragers seem to be ok as long as you don't buy the ones from Solomons in the bin that have the very thin sidewalls. They had a bad batch. just make sure you get the ones with the thicker side wall...

As for Rocket Rons they are great in KZN type soil but not cool for loose gravel.Even Singletrek's son has given up on them, I sported 6 stitches from then giving way on loose gravel and even singletrek's daughter didn't like them last i spoke to her. But then again he ride's a 69er :lol:

I thought they were fast, light and had reasonable grip. I stopped using them as I kept getting sidewall cuts.

I used both the super revolts and the XR jones before. Had endless issues with sidewall cuts, so from above I deduct that the Schwalbes are DEFINATELY not for me

My GF, Dad, Sister all run the Revolts. All of them had the ones with the thicker sidewalls and have had no problems. When i went to buy another one for the GF and put it on you can see the side wall thickness and even feel the difference. it's so bad that I never put the new tire on but rather put a worm in to replace the large thorn. She has been riding them for a year now and so far only had 3 punctures.... Unfortunately 1 happened this last weekend making it 2 punctures with worms now on the front tire. Not sure what to replace with as I can't seem to get the ones with the thicker side wall.

in the mean time the brand new one with the thin side walls is thrown in a corner in the garage :-(