Metro Police

Garfield2010

Wow!!!!

What is with the argumentative tone?

My argument is not contradictory at all. Just as we the public have to obey the law, so those that are tasked with compelling us to uphold the law should uphold the law. Its that simple.

None of my posts have advocated breaking the law, clearly there should be oversight over the use of the correctly certified equipment by the Metro in order to prevent them from breaking the law, just as the Metro has oversight over the general public in order to prevent them breaking the law.

And to clarify, my use of the word "law" refers to the law of this country, made up of various Acts written and promulgated. I have not referred to any specific Act written.

Cool. It just came across that way, mate. Don't mean to ruffle any feathers or create an argument.

And I get your point re general law... missed that one. And remember, I said I agreed with you regarding the necessity of ALL to obey the law, even the enforcers...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. It just came across that way, mate. Don't mean to ruffle any feathers or create an argument.

And I get your point re general law... missed that one. And remember, I said I agreed with you regarding the necessity of ALL to obey the law, even the enforcers...

Hey, no problem. Nothing like a debate to get the blood going! Especially on a day like today.

...as much as I hate speeding fines... this is a way better way for them to trap. If this means less hiding behind bushes and bus stops.

Being visible to motorists does way more for speed reduction than finding out 6 weeks later that one was speeding, and got trapped from behind some bush.

I'm all for visible policing, will do a lot more good than some TJOP sitting behind a bush! Esp since the notification is NOT sent according to the AARTO legislation.

Work colleague was pulled over last week doing 164 on the freeway, detained for a day, released the next day. I don't believe there's any legislation that allows those vehicles to be used just yet. Rather cheeky for them to abuse their right if they can't get a successful conviction etc. Spending a day in jail isn't worth the 10 min ur late!

Don't have a problem it. Step in the right direction.

+1 But wonder how effective it will be if Metro drives 140 and you 135...