Is Raleigh Dead?

Longbarn Killer

Imagine that. Can sell it and afford a Scott Foil.

Post a pic ...let us noobs see this legendary bike ......

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So long Raleigh, but time marches on. Looks like Brandon has built himself an awesome international business, kudos to him.

Post a pic ...let us noobs see this legendary bike ......

Nothing legendary. It's just the team issue from 2008. Same shape as the Bottechia posted above.

Ha, My RDS is now a collectors item...

Worth more than a Morewood? Hat, coat, door...

Does this mean someone else will snap it up locally - who'd be bidding?

the brand definitely has a lot of traction in the supermarket segment....

I approached them to see if we could take it up. Their reply was that they are coming into SA themselves

I approached them to see if we could take it up. Their reply was that they are coming into SA themselves

Maybe the UK version will return. Their bikes were hotter.

With the Walmart take over I think Probike knew the writing was on the wall.

It was going one way or the other.

Maybe the UK version will return. Their bikes were hotter.

http://media.raleigh.co.uk/bikes/xlarge/RAT55WH.jpg

We all new that Raleigh has spend a lot of money in marketing the "Raleigh" brand in the days when they were sponsoring a pro team in SA.That never paid of .

Then lately we learned that Peter Miller and Brandon Els sold Pro Bike to Scott International. What a brave move by Peter and Brandon.

I can assure you all that Brandon knows exactly where he is going too.He is very clever - one of the few accountants in the cycle industry that I know who became a successful M.D. of a company.

I am looking forward to the new name in the industry and is sure that who ever is going to take the Raleigh brand will have a hard time in making money.The okes from Pro bike have years of experience in buying bikes abroad and supplying the chain stores in SA with bikes. Good luck to the new owners of Raleigh in SA. I think that who ever you are you need much more that good luck.

Then lately we learned that Peter Miller and Brandon Els sold Pro Bike to Scott International. What a brave move by Peter and Brandon.

Hmm, didnt that blog say they (Scott Sports) only invested in the company?

There are a few of the Probike guys on the hub.Maybe one of them will have some info.

Wonder how this will affect Warrany issues on bikes sold in the last few months?

There are a few of the Probike guys on the hub.Maybe one of them will have some info.

Wonder how this will affect Warrany issues on bikes sold in the last few months?

Okay, I dont even know who Pro-Bike is, but business issues interest me.

I speak under correction but I believe the cycle market in SA for high end lines is fairly small, and the kiddies Raleigh bikes as well as the cheaper commuter type Raleighs were very well represented in the big chain stores, it seems odd that they were prepared to leave that market for someone else to fill.

Maybe it was more of a headache than anything else, big companies can be difficult to deal with.