Giant XTC 1 29'er

chris_w_65

I just bought one about 2 weeks ago....and i love it!! It is light, awesome value for money! Also come with a really good groupset, XT/SLX mixed, love the shock aswell...I immediately changed the saddle as I like my Fizik Arione and cut the handlebar a bit, but overall a great bike, also think it got about a 4.8 out of 5 rating from a bicycle magazine.I also upgraded the tires as it was very thin, but I love the bike!

Edited by MTB_Roadie

I don't know what your budget is, and if you can stretch it. But, I've recently taken delivery of a Rocky Mountain, Vertex SE 29r, and I am loving, its a whole lot lighter than the Giant, and generally well specced, but it is a bit more.

Initially i too was sold on the XTC, until i got my hands on one of these!

Alex Harris shattered the Freedom Challenge record on one of these if that is anything to go by.

That said I doubt I'll ever buy a 29er. I also doubt I'll ever buy a Giant or a white Toyota Corolla for that matter. The beauty of personal choice.