Seatpost Bottle Cages for MTB

Terence Hope

Hi Guys, a quick one, TT style seatpost bottle cages on a MTB, yes or no? I ride a Spez Epic so only space on the frame for 1 bottle cage. WOuld like to put on a seatpost cage however have been told it makes a hell of a noise off road, anyone care to give me some advice on this, also where is the best place to buy if it is a good option.

Did the guy try to tighten his cage? Mine works perfectly. Also have a dual suspension with space for only 1 on the frame.

Works fine, just make sure you use a cage that grips the bottle very tight, like the Specialized cages. There are various types of fixing units onto the seatpost available too.

Disgusting. http://images.zaazu.com/img/vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000652-large.gif

Disgusting. http://images.zaazu.com/img/vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000652-large.gif

How so? Is this a style police issue again?

Dont go for the TT type cages that are connected to the saddle.

You'll have more bottle up your arse than you would like and the bottle ends up hanging at an angle making it just want to jump out the whole time.

Specialized has some seat post clamps especially for the seatpost bottlecage, like in the photo from thumper.

Combine that with a Specialized Rib Cage bottle cage and your good to go!

I will much rater have a 2nd bottle cage on the seatpost than one of those fugly uncomfortable ballsacks or camelpacks or whatever the are called, on my back!

Edited by Tankman

I have cable tied a 2nd case onto the back of my layback post. Works for me. Lost a bottle once down a rocky section but otherwise hundreds

Works well, but heed the advice re a tight fit. Else you end up launching your bottles into the bushes...

The type that fits on the seatpost is MUCH better than the ones that fit behind the seat. Nothing like reaching back for your bottle and grabbing empty space...

Hi Guys, a quick one, TT style seatpost bottle cages on a MTB, yes or no? I ride a Spez Epic so only space on the frame for 1 bottle cage. WOuld like to put on a seatpost cage however have been told it makes a hell of a noise off road, anyone care to give me some advice on this, also where is the best place to buy if it is a good option.

cable tie solution does work, but the spesh boys do a very nice system for this application at about R170.00.

How so? Is this a style police issue again?

b-unit, I don't think it is a style issue for AndreZA, I think it is more about forking out a few bucks for the exrta clamps thats bothering him.

b-unit, I don't think it is a style issue for AndreZA, I think it is more about forking out a few bucks for the exrta clamps thats bothering him.

No, it is style. It looks k@k.

A race 2hrs or less you only need one bottle. I then pop the tools and tube in my one pocket. Otherwise it's a small Hydrapak® with 1.5l liguid.

Edited by AndreZA

neeee wat myne afgehaal, nie lekker vir my gewerk nie

Ja nee Helloise, jy het nie n tweede bottle nodig nie, jy het actually nie eers een bottle nodig vir jou trips rondom die blok nie! :P

neeee wat myne afgehaal, nie lekker vir my gewerk nie

Ja nee Helloise, jy het nie n tweede bottle nodig nie, jy het actually nie eers een bottle nodig vir jou trips rondom die blok nie! :P

gan dinges jy! ha ha haaa ten minste doen ek wat ek se ek doen.. en dis NIE net ommie blok nie...which brings me to the thought...ek wonder hoeveel mense doen rerig wat hulle se hulle doenbiggrin.gif

as ek se ek het irene 3 keer gekry dan het ek dit 3 keer gery!

Edited by helloise