PPA Seeding Ladder

'Dale

According to the website my seeding is now a B. I assume it is for road.

I have no problem with my seeding, not even if they bump me to C or D. It is all relative.

The way I think of it is that pros in SA should be A. Western Cape Elites might make A, otherwise B. WC Subvets between C and D. And then down the ladder.

I think the seeding system is more good than bad. Obviously, and with everything in life, there will be flaws. So lets get rid of this horrible cold (I'm off my bike for two weeks!) and get those cranks turning and enjoy riding our bikes!

wc subvets should be c-d?

dude i can barely ride a bike downhill and I'm c :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wc subvets should be c-d?

dude i can barely ride a bike downhill and I'm c :)

Haha you're a climber - you climb faster than what you downhill... almost like Andy Schleck :thumbup:

Haha you're a climber - you climb faster than what you downhill... almost like Andy Schleck :thumbup:

Ha, ha, andy just said fand is almost a nancy. :lol:

nancy schleck? fytp.... :)

Great!!!

SO for Die Burger my seeding might not be that great (will plead with them) but if I win my group or come in the top 5 my 99er will be easier as will be better seeded.

This elites thing: You pay R800 per year and then start in your own group? Maybe I should give that a try?

You have to be seeded A-C in PPA to join them.

Dude you can't blame PPA if you (general) do something stupid like that. What if you bring MTB shoes to a road race? Same - your fault :P

People complained (rightfully so I think) that road and MTB should be split, because obviously it is different. They've done that now. Good on PPA I think. And no, I don't work for them.

I agree with you on most parts there.

Except that I use MTB pedals on the Road too :clap:

Except that I use MTB pedals on the Road too :clap:

You got me!

Double whammy - you got me thinking and hijack on*

How many youngsters are there that we "older" guys can maybe help with by riding together, coaching, and just enjoying cycling? I know there was a long thread on this one guy's son and how hard he should ride, he was like 6 or 7 years old, but I guess the same applies to 12 year olds or 16 year olds. How to train at what age and everything surrounding cycling.

Zac.A, I assume you're about 13 or 14? Would you like to train with other, older people and maybe learn something? Where are you based? Or is this just a stupid idea :unsure:

Hijack off*

You got me!

Double whammy - you got me thinking and hijack on*

How many youngsters are there that we "older" guys can maybe help with by riding together, coaching, and just enjoying cycling? I know there was a long thread on this one guy's son and how hard he should ride, he was like 6 or 7 years old, but I guess the same applies to 12 year olds or 16 year olds. How to train at what age and everything surrounding cycling.

Zac.A, I assume you're about 13 or 14? Would you like to train with other, older people and maybe learn something? Where are you based? Or is this just a stupid idea :unsure:

Hijack off*

or how about guys your age (well I'd think I am slightly younger) that want to get stronger andydude? I would love to train with you guys... I'll be smoked but at least I'll get stronger.

or how about guys your age (well I'd think I am slightly younger) that want to get stronger andydude? I would love to train with you guys... I'll be smoked but at least I'll get stronger.

Sure... it works both ways :thumbup:

According to the website my seeding is now a B. I assume it is for road.

I have no problem with my seeding, not even if they bump me to C or D. It is all relative.

The way I think of it is that pros in SA should be A. Western Cape Elites might make A, otherwise B. WC Subvets between C and D. And then down the ladder.

I think the seeding system is more good than bad. Obviously, and with everything in life, there will be flaws. So lets get rid of this horrible cold (I'm off my bike for two weeks!) and get those cranks turning and enjoy riding our bikes!

:thumbup:

I'm based in Town.

As much as i'd like to train with other people i hardly have time at all in summer.

only got 1 Free day the whole week.

THIS HAS BEEN CHANGED SINCE 2010-2011 SEASON.

Am I correct or is my head cold making me see things? :huh:

Seeding index

Group Cutoff

A 4.5

B 9

C 12.5

D 15.5

E 17.5

F 20

G 23

H 26.5

I 30

J 34

K 38.5

L 42.5

M 47

N 54

O 61.5

P 70.5

Q 82.5

R 99.5

S 125

T 178

U 200

V New riders/ insufficient results

-------

My index is the same and I bumped up to another group...

Were you bumped too?

There is a new table

A 8.00

B 13.00

C 17.00

D 19.00

E 21.00

F 23.00

G 27.00

H 31.00

I 35.00

J 39.00

K 43.00

L 47.00

M 52.00

N 57.00

O 63.00

P 69.00

Q 75.00

R 82.00

S 90.00

T 100.00

U 112.00

V 127.00

W-Z Unseeded

Edited by splat

May this the final version, Splat.

At this rate, I may get my 4th different group status.

<_<

May this the final version, Splat.

At this rate, I may get my 4th different group status.

<_<

That corresponds to my seeding :clap: