Maxxis

_freak_

i agree with Berg-Bok the Aspens are the new weapons of choice, im using front and rear foldable ones in a tubless setup om my 29er for 2 months now...they really are wayeeee better, faster and grip better than the Xmark. just get the psi right.

wen are the ikons available in SA, if they are, where can i find one?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here:

Science.

You need to quote the the person who wrote the article. (And his credentials)

What method was used?

Was it an independant study?

Refrain from calling an opinion a 'fact' or 'science'

Any person can type any old sentence on the net and call it science.

But please share your source.

Science.

You need to quote the the person who wrote the article. (And his credentials)

What method was used?

Was it an independant study?

Refrain from calling an opinion a 'fact' or 'science'

Any person can type any old sentence on the net and call it science.

But please share your source.

Here is the evidence...

post-26547-0-07377600-1313342711.jpg

I've had CrossMark's, Monorail's and HighRollers and enjoyed all of them.

Ever one had its own pro's and con's!!!

I bought a set of Larsen's last week and on the 200 odd KM's I did sofar, I love them as well!

The Aspen and Ikon are superior xc tyres to the Crossmark and Monorail, in fact I would say the Crossmark is deprecated. SA is the dumping ground for Crossmarks.

What do you recommend? Ikon back and Aspen front?

What do you recommend? Ikon back and Aspen front?

My top 3 xc choices are the Aspen, Ikon and Racing Ralph. The Aspen rolls the fastest but has less traction, volume and cornering bite. I will use it on the back. The Racing Ralph just beats the Ikon in grip and rolling resistance very slightly. Its my 1st choice as the front. If you want a less bumpy with more traction rear the Ikon is best, and it lasts the longest and could be used front and/or rear. The Racing Ralph is also a great rear but will wear the fastest.

My top 3 xc choices are the Aspen, Ikon and Racing Ralph. The Aspen rolls the fastest but has less traction, volume and cornering bite. I will use it on the back. The Racing Ralph just beats the Ikon in grip and rolling resistance very slightly. Its my 1st choice as the front. If you want a less bumpy with more traction rear the Ikon is best, and it lasts the longest and could be used front and/or rear. The Racing Ralph is also a great rear but will wear the fastest.

Interesting you have Racing Ralphs as one of your tops, i've got them on my 29're for a month now and suffered 3 punctures in that time, wheras i have been riding with Larsen TT's on my 26're for 3 years now and have yet to suffer a puncture.

Punctures are a hit and miss thing ..... I generally ride Crossmarks (for many years) and have had very very few punctures including none at all at Epic this year. I have recently, about 3 months, had Rocket Ron's on my Epic and so far (touch wood) no problem either!

Now have Conti RaceKings on my 29r .... lets see!

The Aspen and Ikon are superior xc tyres to the Crossmark and Monorail, in fact I would say the Crossmark is deprecated. SA is the dumping ground for Crossmarks.

Interesting statement about Crossmarks being a SA dumping ground, Chainreaction which is an international online shop sell them irrespective of which country you are from.

I hated the cross marks when they were on my bike. In fact i gave them away. Found that they were terrible when riding in wet/damp conditions.

Been riding the Schwable Rocket Rons and loving them. Have had one puncture on the rear but it sealed itself and i carried on riding.

Had a 29er crossmark on my rear and a racing ralph on the front. I had about 10 punctures on the rear and one on the front. When I had an aspen on the rear I had no punctures. Maybe the 29er UST crossmark is better with punctures, but it weighs like 850g.

Interesting statement about Crossmarks being a SA dumping ground, Chainreaction which is an international online shop sell them irrespective of which country you are from.

It`s because many Saffers buy from CRC, so they use it as a channel to sell to the suckers, the SA consumers. Walk into any local LBS and you`ll find boxes full of crossmarks, yet the far superior Ikon is nowhere to be found, and the Aspen 29er also not available.