Behaviour of some of the 'top cyclists'

Hardegat

I was watching Supercycling's coverage of the Knysna Seriously Strong 200 race (looks like big fun!). I could not believe the shocking behaviour in front of the camera by one of the leading guys - those who watched it will know what I'm talking about. I understand we all get caught up in the emotion of the race but there are limits. The guy had some bad luck / bad tyre choice and had to finish on his rim. At the finish he made a big scene (like a kid who dropped his ice-cream), punching the ground??!?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With a little girl trying to give him a drink watching on. Me thinks he's going to regret this tantrum.

Some people act out of character when the camera is on them. The guy you mentioning is actually a real chill laid back guy

The guy you mentioning is actually a real chill laid back guy

Yeah, it's always the quiet one, isn't it?

I agree, that was real *** style by the ou in full-dynamix kit. They actually won the race, just lost the stage. Tyre problems happen, deal with it. I don't care how laid back the dude apparently is, that was idiotic. I've seen similar scenes from okes up here, and one guy in particular's dad that really know how to complain if his boy doesnt win.

Actually referng back to this race, what bike was Shan riding?

edit: the above post answered my question

Edited by Thug

Interesting first post, but why generalise ?

What you meant was the strange behavior of A top cyclist.

You're right, I probably should not generalise as most cyclists I've met are nice guys & gals - even the top ones. I don't know the guy - he might be a nice guy but I still think it was in bad taste.

Didn't see the footage yet, so can't really comment.

Definitely *** style if thats how things played out. :thumbdown:

Mind you, by the same token just as *** to come onto a forum and make an open ended first post with a few personal digs to boot. Under a pseudonym nogal. :thumbdown:

So is the question then: why would SC air it and give him the pleasure?

Do not condone; but just 'coz he is a top cyclist does not mean he is perfect - many sports persona have blips on their CV's. Be sure some will be watching your behaviour on the hub sooner or later feathers will be ruffeled - once you have a couple more posts....

I agree, that was real *** style by the ou in full-dynamix kit. They actually won the race, just lost the stage. Tyre problems happen, deal with it. I don't care how laid back the dude apparently is, that was idiotic. I've seen similar scenes from okes up here, and one guy in particular's dad that really know how to complain if his boy doesnt win.

Dont get me wrong. Im not justifying his behaviour. He should not have acted that way. Just saying that people sometimes acts out of character when the camera is on them. He is sponsored by full dynamics and that behaviour was obviously not good for the sponsor. Especially after this thread.....

Didn't see the footage yet, so can't really comment.

Definitely *** style if thats how things played out. :thumbdown:

Mind you, by the same token just as *** to come onto a forum

and make an open ended first post with a few personal digs to

boot. Under a pseudonym nogal. :thumbdown:

So what would a good first post be? What is open ended about it? I don't know the guy from a bar of soap - nothing personal. Just an observation.

Don't fret, any post that does not go with the flow or against it will be examined, probed and ridiculed. Just live up to your name and you'll be fine :D

Don't fret, any post that does not go with the flow or against it will be examined, probed and ridiculed. Just live up to your name and you'll be fine :D

I agree. F*&k em, OP. I think It's a perfectly good first post.

I will add a little rant though, and not referring to this situation, I also haven't seen it.

Many cyclists dont realise when they wear their sponsors kit, they become ambassadors.