Behaviour of some of the 'top cyclists'

Hardegat

Seriously Strong Knysna 200 was an awesome race with some of the most amazing single track, down hills to die for and views that make you what to come back. I watched for 3 Days how the mentioned team gave more then a 110%. To say 'get over yourself, *#@! happens is all fair and well when it's not happening to you!! We moan because our SA cyclist are so far behind the rest of the world (exception of 3 or 4) and then we complain when they are 'Seriously Serious'. Take a bike mech who is passionate about his sport, trains many hours a week has a wife and child at home, consider what he earns while repairing your massively priced bike and think how he would feel after giving maximum for three days and then see the prize money of an awesome race slip away. Had he thrown his toys out the cot and climbed on the sweep vechile, that would have been a different story. Instead of giving up 'like most of us would' he RACED the last 42km on his rim. So what if he was a little psyched.... Bet you wish you could do 1 km on your rim !!! Well done dude, never giving up paid off.

Oh dear, a post from somebody who actually knows the full story. No room for perspective here, buddy!!!

:D :D :D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread made me think of a story:

I was at this rugby match and one of the spectators were shouting foul language at his team for playing so badly.

The guy behind me jumps up and shouts at him: "Hey hou op om so te vloek. Hier is kinders my f0k."

Was definitiief op Ellispark ne? Hierdie hele thread is moer snaaks! Die outjies het selfs vir Bob op sy agtervoete gehad!

Edited by eccentric1

I dont realy have a problem with a guy having a "hissy fit" it wasnt that bad. Felt a bit sorry for his kid though...."here dad have a victory drink". "Piss off son cant you see I'm celebrating".:( Just would not have wanted to see the fit if he had lost, dont think super cycling would air that. Mabe youtube.

I watched it last night (PVR). He lost the stage and rode 42km on hus rim. A bit of an over reaction sure but worthy of a 5 6 page (so far) thread? Not really! He was bummed that he lost. Did he over react? IMO no, but so what? It didn'y look like it was in front of hundreds of people, rather like it was behind something. Pro riders in the TdF throw their bikes in a fit of rage, this oke threw a punch at mother nature and probably came off second best. Let that be a lesson to him...!

Edited by Grebel

I watched it last night (PVR). He lost the stage and rode 42km on hus rim. A bit of an over reaction sure but worthy of a 5 6 page (so far) thread? Not really! He was bummed that he lost. Did he over react? IMO no, but so what? It didn'y look like it was in front of hundreds of people, rather like it was behind something. Pro riders in the TdF throw their bikes in a fit of rage, this oke threw a punch at mother nature and probably came off second best. Let that be a lesson to him...!

42km on his rim in a mtb race, hell what kind of mtb races do u dudes have there that allows you to ride 42km on your rim (even if its the rear end) and still finish whenthe TV cameras are hanging around?

Have not seen the incident, but after riding 42 km on a rim....Cant say I blame him for loosing his rag.