Continental X-king 2.2 UST

Meezo

i run a 2.2 X king rear with a mountain king front! - AMAZING!

Is this the MK 1 or MK2? Anyone tried the new MK2?

Search the forum i did a review on them a while back, short and sweet of it is, ive tried every conceivalbe combination, this is the best tyre out there, currently running x-king back and Mountainking ver 2 (the new ones not locally avail) front. Its a fast rolling but grippy tyre and works extremly well not just on dry but in mud as well.

But most UST tyres are generally heavier... Isn't it?

They are but they are heavier because they do a better job of staying puncture free.

Search the forum i did a review on them a while back, short and sweet of it is, ive tried every conceivalbe combination, this is the best tyre out there, currently running x-king back and Mountainking ver 2 (the new ones not locally avail) front. Its a fast rolling but grippy tyre and works extremly well not just on dry but in mud as well.

How did you get the MK?

Got the MK 2 on my wife's bike so they definitely available locally, puncture protect only though, no UST to be found.

They are but they are heavier because they do a better job of staying puncture free.

Im running the Race Sport versions UST bead, reinforced sidewall, designed to run UST at a whole 480grams per tyre, been running them 4 months now and they are awesome.

Conti X-king RS 2.2 back and Conti-MK2 RS 2.2 front. awesome combo.

How did you get the MK?

Got mine when i was in the UK i go over a couple times a year, the first shipment conti sent there sold out in 2 days, but i managed to track some down in the Evans cycle storeroom after they said they were sold out, The best buy ever mate.

Edited by covie

Im running the Race Sport versions UST bead, reinforced sidewall, designed to run UST at a whole 480grams per tyre, been running them 4 months now and they are awesome.

Conti X-king RS 2.2 back and Conti-MK2 RS 2.2 front. awesome combo.

Couldn't get the X-King Race Sports to stay inflated more than a few hours - now using UST instead. Did you do anything different with the RSs?

Couldn't get the X-King Race Sports to stay inflated more than a few hours - now using UST instead. Did you do anything different with the RSs?

Yeah had to scrub the inside of the tire with soap solution and a hard brush 15min per tyre at least to take of the waxy residue they apply at the factory to ensure the rubber does not persish if standing for long. The just add a little more stans as usual incase you have pinholes, Seat the tyre, flip the bike upside down and everytime you walk past it give the crank a turn and the front wheel a spin.

Seals the tyre nicely and after about a day your good to go.

Yeah had to scrub the inside of the tire with soap solution and a hard brush 15min per tyre at least to take of the waxy residue they apply at the factory to ensure the rubber does not persish if standing for long. The just add a little more stans as usual incase you have pinholes, Seat the tyre, flip the bike upside down and everytime you walk past it give the crank a turn and the front wheel a spin.

Seals the tyre nicely and after about a day your good to go.

Thanks, I'll try that.

I have fitted a X king 2.2 ust to my front wheel. (previously had a Mountain King). My 1st ride will be Sun City on Sunday so I will post my impressions next week.

My back tyre is a Race King.

I did this race on X-king front and race king back. Also had new ZTR rims.

The route was a good mixture of loose sand, rocks, tar, water and hard pack. I did not notice my tyres at all so I guess this means they worked well. I did not ride through any of the mud so cannot comment on that aspect.

• 3 weeks later...