32GI

ridr

Can be pre mixed, stored, even frozen I believe.

G

Thanks for the feedback, Cyclewizz, will keep an eye out! Currently using banana ones (new) but did not even check to see whether it's low-GI or not! Like I said, I always just presumed they're not.

Can't wait to play around with this combo!

BTW - those who have used Accelerate. Can that also be pre-mixed and stored or is this like the normal energy drinks, where it goes off? Also thinking ito camelbak bladder, etc.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the rule of thumb for liquid consumption during exercise 1L per hour?
Rule of thumb for liquid consumption is to ONLY drink when you are thirsty and your body requires it. Drinking 1Litre per an hour would overhydrate me, actually causing severe issues. In hot weather I consume around 600-700ml per hour, but everyone is different in humid conditions more, in cold weather I can consume 600ml's in 3 hours. It differs depending on the fluid loss to your system. BUT over hydration is far more dangerous than being dehydrated, so just listen to your body's needs dont overdo it.

To be launched at Comrades Marathon, the new 32Gi Accelerate & Endurance Energy Tabs

Rule of thumb for liquid consumption is to ONLY drink when you are thirsty and your body requires it. Drinking 1Litre per an hour would overhydrate me, actually causing severe issues. In hot weather I consume around 600-700ml per hour, but everyone is different in humid conditions more, in cold weather I can consume 600ml's in 3 hours. It differs depending on the fluid loss to your system. BUT over hydration is far more dangerous than being dehydrated, so just listen to your body's needs dont overdo it.

to true.. I use a 1l bottle for all races under 4 hours

I'll maybe stop at and down a water or coke If its really hot but I get a stitch if I drink to much..

• 2 weeks later...

I've read through the most of this and still trying to figure out how to use Accelerate.

It sounds as if you can use it on the run-in on an event - but it's not high-GI...? Is that correct to begin with. Which will mean that you also cannot use that with gels, unless you keep "topping up" on the gels to avid the drop from the gels - same as with Endurance?

Or am I way off the boat here? Have a tub but not used any yet because I'm not too sure what can be used with it. :blush:

Seabee,

You're not the only one.

Atm I'm just using a 3scoop, 750l mix for a 1.5-2hour ride,

Will see if I double this for a 4 hour or if i add a bottle of endurance also, with some chews,

Can now see why the sport dietitians make so much money.

G

My problem is more along the lines of what can be used with it... I wanted to test it over the weekend on a long group ride, but ended up using another product, not knowing whether if I eat something like jelly babies it will throw over the apple cart, like it should (in my mind) with Endurance.

With Endurance I follow the double-up way without any problems, FWIW, then take the spare bottle of water along. So that philosophy would not have changed between their products, I'd assume. The chews are awesome, I used to get really hungry (for some weird reason) after about 2 hours on Endurance - chews sorts that out brilliantly!

But not sure what to use with Accelerate (and how) to avoid being yoyo'ed by something else.

I've read through the most of this and still trying to figure out how to use Accelerate.

It sounds as if you can use it on the run-in on an event - but it's not high-GI...? Is that correct to begin with. Which will mean that you also cannot use that with gels, unless you keep "topping up" on the gels to avid the drop from the gels - same as with Endurance?

Or am I way off the boat here? Have a tub but not used any yet because I'm not too sure what can be used with it. :blush:

Seabee Accelerate IS high GI friend, it does not spike you as high as a gel and it sustains BUT it very much does give you a KICK which tapers off slowly with stage releasing carbs to ensure you dont crash. It also has a high gastric emptying rate.

all the best

M

One more thing if you are using Accelerate there is no ways you will need a gel, a serving kicks out +-300 Calories thats huge, and the rate at which its released will mitigate gel consumption. :-)

Great, thanks for the answer Mark! Exactly what I was looking for/wondering about... :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

ideas on foods (light snack and not bars) to consume along with the 32gi drink? was told baby potatoes work well

• 1 month later...

I use the endurance as a prerace drink 500ml in the hour before the race 40km + and carry accelarate in my bottles during the race as I am looking for the quicker fuel resupply,on the long rides 4hrs plus I carry some bananas cut into thirds and a powerbar as well, i find the solid food helps a lot , I try to eat at least every 40 minutes (a tip from Brandon Stewart) I find gu and gels are too sweet over a long ride. I carry one gu or gel as an emergency supply source only.

The best way to check your hydration is to weigh yourself naked before you ride go for a good medium to hard ride for 1 or 2 hours taking a bottle of water with you filled exactly to the mm markings on the bottle so you can see exactly how much you have drunk and then as soon as you get back dry yourself off and reweigh yourself naked the weight loss difference plus what you have drunk from the bottle devided by the number of hours riden will give you a good idea of your replacement requirement, do this a few times in different weather conditions and you will be able to judge how much liquid you need and how much to carry with you so you are not carrying excess liquid weight.

Edited by Dustbug

• 3 weeks later...

32Gi™ launches Endure & Accelerate Chewable Energy Tabs

RECOVER

The 32Gi™ company is proud to announce the launch of Chewable Endure & Accelerate Energy Tabs based on 32Gi™‘s highly successful two energy drinks, Endurance and Accelerate. It is not always convenient to carry a water bottle or mix a sachet of energy drink on route in a training or racing session, specifically in an endurance running event. 32Gi™ sought a way of changing the delivery mechanism to ensure a simpler way of providing the energy requirements for an athlete. 32Gi™ Energy Tabs come in a convenient carry tube which contains 10x5gram chewable tablets, providing hours of energy.

32Gi™ Energy Tabs are an optimum drip feeding system where an athlete can chew the energy tabs separate to his water consumption, making it a lot easier to consume in an event. This also allows the athlete to worry about hydration separately and not have the issue of over or under hydration.

Comrades Marathon was a true test for the 32Gi™ Energy Tabs in which 32Gi™ Elite Athletes ran with them on the day. 32Gi™ athletes took 11 Gold Medals at Comrades including 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the men’s.

32Gi™ Energy Tab Facts:

Endure Energy Tabs

· Balanced and Sustainable Energy

· Child Friendly

· Suitable for Diabetics

· Zero Spiking

· Delicious Tasting

· Easy to Chew and Swallow

· Easy on the Digestive System

· In Orange, Lime, Peach & Raspberry

· Vegan Suitable no animal derivatives

Accelerate Energy Tabs