32GI

ridr

MDW. I've recently moved to Endurance and find it fantastic. However, as a Type I diabetic, I find that after about 90 - 120 minutes of intense exercise, it doesn't give me enough glucose to prevent a hypo.

So I assume one of two options, or a combination of:

1. Reduce basal insulin regime 1 day before a long ride/event

2. Use Accelerate for the second bottle

Correct?

And what about events where I'm going to be on the bike for 3 or more hours?

Flymango, each person with diabetes is different, most stay very stable on the Endurance, and some need a little more glucose so they wil top up with the chews or something else. I would recommend switching to accelerate in the next bottle, its got a bigger faster feed but it still has the stability carbohydrates in it, I myself have used accelerate for 5 hour rides and it works well, i have also used a combination of the 2 bottles endurance into accelerate it works very well, let me know how it goes please, all the best

M

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flymango, each person with diabetes is different, most stay very stable on the Endurance, and some need a little more glucose so they wil top up with the chews or something else. I would recommend switching to accelerate in the next bottle, its got a bigger faster feed but it still has the stability carbohydrates in it, I myself have used accelerate for 5 hour rides and it works well, i have also used a combination of the 2 bottles endurance into accelerate it works very well, let me know how it goes please, all the best

M

Thanks, MDW. Please clarify whether you mean actually mixing the two or do you mean drinking sequentially?

Thanks, MDW. Please clarify whether you mean actually mixing the two or do you mean drinking sequentially?

I keep them seperate for sure :-).

I start with endurance and then switch to Accelerate when the intensity ups itself and I need the quicker feed, if its in a race I pre-load on endurance and take accelerate on the bike.

Most athletes performing at a high intensity hate the sweet taste when the pallet becomes sensitized so we toned it down on purpose :-)

Couldn't agree with you more!

Well done on the taste and "sweetness" factor.

• 4 weeks later...

32Gi™ launches RECOVER an Endurance Recovery Protein Sports Drink - Available next week

RECOVER

The 32Gi™ company is proud to announce the launch of Recover an endurance specific protein recovery sports drink.

32Gi Recover has been formulated and tested in conjunction with many professional athletes from a variety of sports. It is a high quality ratio blend of 100% vegetable protein isolate combined with carbohydrates. 32Gi Recover contains all the essential and non-essential amino acids to maximise muscle recovery. Recover is an excellent protein supplement with no unnecessary ingredients only those critical to muscle and glycogen recovery. Recover is the first endurance protein recovery sports drink suitable for vegans, diabetics and children.

RECOVER Facts:

· Assists with Muscle Repair

· Assists with Glycogen Recovery

· High Protein absorption rate

· Improves Strength and Recovery

· Complete Amino Acid profile

· Digestive Friendly

· Wheat, Gluten and Lactose Free, suitable for Vegans

· No Animal Derivatives

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to start trying it now and see how it does me at Panorama Tour...that'll be a good test for a product :)

• 5 weeks later...

@MDW: I bought a couple of your 32GI bottles at the argus expo. Like the bottles and want to get couple more. Can i buy these bottles at any retailer selling your product?

I'm no great fan of the Endurance version, but have become quite fond of the Accelerate.

• 2 weeks later...

I tested pvm octane and it gives me gastro for 2-3 days...can one get samples before you buy. Need an energy drink for sani2c. Used octane saturday en yesterday..Stomach is going like a boeing....Will 32gi be the answer?

Just my uneducated observation - do with it what you want...

But what did you use before you tested PVM Octane?! Stick to what works and don't change this soon before a race/ride. Experiment later.

I tested pvm octane and it gives me gastro for 2-3 days...can one get samples before you buy. Need an energy drink for sani2c. Used octane saturday en yesterday..Stomach is going like a boeing....Will 32gi be the answer?

I used 32gi one day but gulped it down and gave me the runs. Tried it again at a later date and took sips as you would on the bike and had no issues. Stick to what you know for the race and after if you want to try something new use it on a non training day and ingest it slowly over a morning after breakfast say maybe at the office and then see how your stomach copes.

Beleive it or not. I used energade...I know it is not enough to carry me through the sani2c...thats why i am looking for something else...the octane i used saturday was in a race. finished 2 bottles over 55km... then yesterday i tried 500ml again, but drank it faster... Runny tummy....

...can one get samples before you buy. Need an energy drink for sani2c. Used octane saturday en yesterday..Stomach is going like a boeing....Will 32gi be the answer?

Personally I love the 32Gi products.

You should be able to buy a small packet of 32Gi Endurance at any DisChem for about R20 which will give you 1 bottle.

Various flavours available and you can test this way.

There's also the chews but I seldom use them.

I find the Endurance keeps be going.

Just a word of caution, if you going to use 32Gi don't mix it with high Gi foods/drinks.

Thank you. really good advise! Thinking of going hypotonic and not isotonic...just add water....

try Hammer

Archived