Tokai: XC trail repair day - Vasbyt

(Deon)

oh, that was you. Yes, saw the drop and cheered! You should have seen his eyes when he got to the end of the bridge!! It is the first time anyone has walked over shook my hand, gave a pat on the back and a good 'ol fashioned squeeze! He must be extremely happy to still be alive! It was such a close call.

That bridge, just for everyone's info, is going to be rebuilt from the entry (about 5m back from where it currently starts) and run right through to the junction to join the loop. We've sourced the wood and a new paint-on, mould resistant grip substrate. The project is expected to last 4 days but will be for the week. Anyone with a flexible job is welcome to join, no pressure obviously. Expect the bridge to be closed for that time.. spread the word.

hey PoS, i'm keen to help out with the bridge build, got 2 cordless drills and if we can get a generator up i have a circular saw and jigsaw,i am self employed so i'm fairly flexible time-wise during the week...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey PoS, i'm keen to help out with the bridge build, got 2 cordless drills and if we can get a generator up i have a circular saw and jigsaw,i am self employed so i'm fairly flexible time-wise during the week...

I've got a cordless circular saw with 3 battery packs! And a rip-saw, and a back-saw.

Just putting it out there...

I've got a cordless circular saw with 3 battery packs! And a rip-saw, and a back-saw.

Better if you put it in a bag... and bring it!

OK.. next, a date..will let you guys know.

What bridge u guys repairing? the one at the bottom of vasbyt with a few planks missing?

:clap: :clap: on the work u guys have done and are doing. Need to get a week end off so i can come help :blush:

What bridge u guys repairing? the one at the bottom of vasbyt with a few planks missing?

:clap: :clap: on the work u guys have done and are doing. Need to get a week end off so i can come help :blush:

Yep yep! The one that had a whole beach-load of sand RIGHT on the landing zone.

With tools like those, you can cause Mayhem.

Har har har!

<_< :unsure:

I cause Mayhem on a daily basis...

YES, I saw the satisfaction on your face as the boulder rolled unguided down the slope... 'Mayhem' is really quite fitting!

;)

Concerning that you have so many power tools! Spose you have bags of lime lying around as well.

Any missing people in your hood?

Edited by Chubba

Concerning that you have so many power tools! Spose you have bags of lime lying around as well.

Any missing people in your hood?

Lime? Me? :unsure:

Dude - I can't be without my power tools... If you think I'm bad, you should see my grandfather's workshop. I could work in there for all of time and not want for a thing (okay, maybe a beer every now and again, brought to me by the wife)

He is seriously kitted out. Li-Ion everything (drill, jigsaw, screwdriver, mouse sander) old (proper) Ryobi radial arm saw, 300mm planer/thicknesser, 300mm jointer, any kind of spoke-shave you could think of, 500mm band-saw, any kind of plane you could think of, normal circular saw, whole wall full of gedore and stahlwille spanners & screwdrivers... the list goes on. He literally made every piece of furniture in my parents' house, except 2. One of those 2 is mine, the other is my dad's.

And I'm the only one in the family that hasn't placed orders (read - demands for furniture) with him, and has shown an interest in carrying on with the legacy. Suffice to say, those tools have pretty much been earmarked for me, by him. And he told me.

Edited by cptmayhem

YES, I saw the satisfaction on your face as the boulder rolled unguided down the slope... 'Mayhem' is really quite fitting!

;)

I have to say, that was fun to watch. There was (more than a moment) of self-castigation, but then it passed like yesterday's kidney stone.

Yep yep! The one that had a whole beach-load of sand RIGHT on the landing zone.

um the "beach load" is cleared :) the drop off at the end is just a little higher now