Tokai: XC trail repair day - Vasbyt

(Deon)

Would like to but have been off the bike for about 2-3 weeks with bursitis in behind my right knee.

Maybe next time.

you have the worst luck, good thing you dont have to ride to dig...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pix, dude, anybody sweeping the trail when they could be riding has a good attitude already. Really.

So that's one less thing to remember on the list, but bring a spade, gloves and a garden broom if you have... Don't ask.

yeah, afternoons i generally ride, and haven't been on the bike for about 2 weeks so really itching to ride but i'm dedicated to the cause, i'll be there for sure

give that man a spade! Ride Sunday on the new trail you will soon own a piece of, sealed in sweat.

@ fatpixi, no, thanks to you for pitching in, got a lot of work done!

Thanks again to all the guys and girls who made it, and Martin for the use of your bakkie.

...No new jumps that I saw going in, it could be that they were repaired giving the impression of being new. Tried them out this morning and they work.. well.

Will do it again soon. Keep a lookout for the next thread.

:D

oh and Chubba, your ride is sweet!! :thumbup:

chill cap.. all good. there will be more days and trails too.

;)

Edited by Pain or Shine

I met some of you there on Saturday afternoon. Good job with the maintenance. I will definately try be there next time.

Hey, did you guys see my dad (the old guy) jump off the bridge? He was so proud of himself :clap:

oh and Chubba, your ride is sweet!! :thumbup:

Nice meeting you POS, will get there the next time, wife permitting.

Bike's going very well, had a good time on boulders and mamba. (Shock is at 200 PSI, but with the HV can it has a lot of play. Feels very plush.)

I met some of you there on Saturday afternoon. Good job with the maintenance. I will definately try be there next time.

Hey, did you guys see my dad (the old guy) jump off the bridge? He was so proud of himself :clap:

oh, that was you. Yes, saw the drop and cheered! You should have seen his eyes when he got to the end of the bridge!! It is the first time anyone has walked over shook my hand, gave a pat on the back and a good 'ol fashioned squeeze! He must be extremely happy to still be alive! It was such a close call.

That bridge, just for everyone's info, is going to be rebuilt from the entry (about 5m back from where it currently starts) and run right through to the junction to join the loop. We've sourced the wood and a new paint-on, mould resistant grip substrate. The project is expected to last 4 days but will be for the week. Anyone with a flexible job is welcome to join, no pressure obviously. Expect the bridge to be closed for that time.. spread the word.

Nice meeting you POS, will get there the next time, wife permitting.

Bike's going very well, had a good time on boulders and mamba. (Shock is at 200 PSI, but with the HV can it has a lot of play. Feels very plush.)

hmm, let the seals break-in then try setting the sag again. Could be sticky being new and all and not showing the true sag.. The HV can may even need a higher pressure. I weigh roughly the same and I think I am at 210 PSI. I prefer less sag as some of the drops-to-flat I hit can easily be in the 5ft area.. I am guessing, but two drops I can't see over if I stand under them!! :blink:

Funny, you sat there on this beaut of a bike and when you said "I'm Chubba".. It all made sense!

:thumbup:

I'll see if I can free up some time. When are you starting?

Ahoy Mayhem..

Sept.. Was hoping you were tuned in! Will confirm a date.