Sit back and have a good........

Skye

...... look at this picture please!!!!!

Why is this allowed? What is the PPA/CSA going to do about this?? If this is what is allowed to happen then I must say, I have my doubts about the two companies that can stop this S***t.

What would have happened if the car had hit the cyclist, I will answer that question for you all. The f****ing car drivers went out of his way to ride the cyclist off his bike.

This is shocking, I personally break my butt to promote safe cycling and then I see s**t like this.

This make me really question cyclist when you hear they were knocked down.

Imagine the trauma the driver will go through had he/she hit the Cyclist

Now I fully understand why vehicle drivers hate cyclists so much, do you actually blame them????

A very close friend of mine lost a son to cycling 3 years ago at the age of 15. You have no idea what Andrew parents have been through. Yes today  both Dad and Dil ride, but it has taken Dad 3 years to let Dylan do his 1st solo ride since the accident.

Cyclist take a minute and think about others and not just about yourself when you are out racing. This type of riding is not necessary as you are not a professional were you get paid to take risks like this. It is also not worth the podium if you were lucky enough to make it......

This could have turned into a real ugly ending, think about the people you leave behind when you do silly things like.

David B, would really like to see your comment on this

PS: While sitting here typing this posting, I have just heard on the radio a cyclist has been knocked down...........CryCryCry

20071203_092248_20071202_130951.JPG

Nope I am not pointing fingers but these cyclist should been taken to tasks and you nail them were it hurts the most.

A) Ban from cycling for 6months

B) Fine of R5000.00

It will only happen a couple of times until the cyclist understand we mean business and promote safe cyclingAngry

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh dear. What were they "thinking"??? (deliberate "'s)

I agree with your anger Skye, we don;t have a leg to stand on when pics like this are published...

AngryAngryAngry I'm with you on this one Skye! Was this taken during The Burger? This sort of s#*t spoit my race yesterday. I was a nervous wreck at the finish thanks to ##sholes in my group doing this sort of thing EN MASSE! As I said on an earlier thread, a LOT of people who rode yesterday, can thank God they are still alive today!

WTF!!!! That is one of the dumbest things I've seen in a long time. Are you expecting the car to come to a magical dead stop when it sees you coming up the wrong side of the road on a blind corner????

Looks like Darwin was right....

Skye, I'm 100% with you.  Even the VA group shamed me after I was proud of how we could stay white during the whole Spring league.  I am ashamed...  Apparently the accident near Paarl, in the Elites was caused by this very problem and it was only a bike that ended up beneath a car.  Guys are lucky to be alive! 

I agree with you on this one 100% Skye.

I believe that PPA should take action against these cyclists "caught in the picture" now and not wait for another event. People have been warned enough times. BUT, we need consistent and factual application of the rules, unlike the Geard fiasco last year.

I also noticed a number of similair actions from both riders AND support vehicles up Tredouw Pass at DC. Strangely though, everyone only mentioned the support vehicles actions and not the cyclists!!

Me too! I admit i went over the line a few times, but that was only to dodge idiots that came rushing past and pushed into the bunch, right infront of me or to leave a gap for people to get in ASAP, but it's stupid and irrisponsible. I was giving lots of people lip about staying left of the line. Makes me so angry that next to me there are 5 guys at the RIGHT side of the road!!!!

Please find a couple of pictures of those cyclists that think life owes

them.... 

Popeye I hope you are going to take your members to task?  I

certainly would if any of my members were cycling like this

20071203_101917_20071202_134316.JPG

Bike Max I am sure this is one of your guys. I trust you will have a word with your team member.

20071203_102245_20071202_134155.JPG

In all fairness, Skye, this would be the wrong time to single out clubs or individuals. I am afraid 80% of the elite bunch were at fault, dangerously so, on Helshoogte.

What happened to the race rules which state "If you go over the centre line you will be disqualified"?

In all fairness' date=' Skye, this would be the wrong time to single out clubs or individuals. I am afraid 80% of the elite bunch were at fault, dangerously so, on Helshoogte. [/quote']

Maybe it's the perfect time to single out the offenders (or at least the ones caught on camera).

Example:

A long long time ago I had this habit of driving (by car, obviously) a small section (about 400m) of one of the roads on the daily trek in the yellow lane. One day, mister MetroCop forced me to join the traffic again, red-faced, embarrassed and feeling about this big. Never did it again! Only once mister MetroCop made me realise that I was wrong, unlawful, and a general idiot did I change my way. Beforehand I didn't think I was doing anything wrong.

If they get called on their actions, they may think twice next time, and may even lecture their friends/children/club mates, who in turn may also stop doing it.

Then again, some people choose not to learn.

In all fairness' date=' Skye, this would be the wrong time to single out clubs or individuals. I am afraid 80% of the elite bunch were at fault, dangerously so, on Helshoogte. [/quote']

As much as this sort of riding can't be condoned I think this is hardly the time to name and shame these riders... it's not as if they were out on their Sunday training ride and caught "off sides"...

It's OK, flame all you want but anybody who goes to a race to RACE will find it difficult to "throw stones" at this behaviour...

pics like these make one wonder if we shouldn't just pay some drivers to be extra aggressive for a year or so, and keep ourselves off the road.  Then maybe the dumb-@sses will be cleared out.......

If only the world had a sense of justice: if you're deliberately stupid you get punished severly......

eish guys, if anyone knows these fools give them a good kicking from me... with real passion.

Bla bla bla.... Whatever... it's a race... if they are fun riders then that's their problem.. But I'll be damned if I get dropped because a bunch of guys cut a corner and I "did the right thing"... or... the gutter forces us across the road and I decide to sit up and get dropped because... yes.. I was "doing the right thing"...